"At 2100 Hours All Emergency Services will NOT RESPOND..."

Now that's a scary thought. You call 911, no one will come... I believe FEMA just announced that for Galveston County, Texas. We, here in the Houston and Galveston area are about to get pounded by a storm as big as our state.

So far numerous rescues, fires, and major flooding has already occured, and we are bracing for the "arrival", scheduled around 0200 Hours. Lovely.

Well, here in Houston and my department, Community Volunteer FD, are still in full emergency mode. To all emergency personell from here to Galveston, "see you on the other side.... of the storm, that is." This is what we do, and proud of it. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers, and hopefully the next 24 hours will be mild. Stay safe!

Views: 163

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My prayers are going out to you and all the people in Houston. Stay safe....
My thoughts and prayers are with all of you in that area. May God give you all an angel to protect you all while you go out to save and protect others. Be safe and we'll hope to hear from you soon.
my prayers will be with you and the brothers and sister that are there too
Good luck; Illinois will come if you call.
Good Luck to you and your department in Houston and to all in the area.
Keep your head down and be smart about what you do, best wishes. See you on the other side, take pictures,, those that have never been through something like this might want to see it to believe it.
Our prayers and thoughts are with you and all the people in the storm's path. Be safe and we will see you on the other side.
My guess is that some people do not understand the term "certain death". Because you and I know that the phone,if it still works, will start ringing as soon as the storm makes landfall. Come and get me will be the call from the idiots who thought they could ride it out. It happens every year and people still haven't learned from the past. I guess the old saying holds true "People who do not learn from their past mistakes are bound to repeat them". Good luck and stay safe.
Good luck and god be with you . Need help come back on here and let us know and we will help one way or another .
We are praying for you. Stay safe the best way you can
our prayers are out to you guys...becareful while your out there....may god bless each and everyone of you guys....from Kentucky
Stay safe Brother, were ready to respond down there if needed.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service