Every year we've got a firefighter party and the Chief gives out a "hoser" award for the firefighter that did the funniest or the stupidest thing that year, it make it a lot of fun to see who's in the running for it through out the year, just wanted to know if you do or if you do something similar.

Views: 507

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We do a powerpoint Roast at our annual party. We try to give stupid awards to as many people as possible. We give worst spelling, most naps, etc. We have pictures to accompany the awards as well. We even gave a firefighter of the year to our Rescue Randy on year since we did not feel anyone had earned it.
No but that is a good idea .
No we do not, but I think we might start now.
Our Department doesn't yet but our station has the "dog bone" award that is passed along to whoever does something stupid, funny or just plain idiotic. and befroe the bone goes to that person a funny saying is written on it with a marker telling a quick story about what happened to earn it. the only way to get rid of the bone is for someone else to do something to earn it.
In our department this would be a hard award to give, because at some point in time through out the year we all do something stupid. Either at the station or on scene. Mostly at the station when we are cleaning up or doing some type of training. I like the dog bone idea though that might work better for us here. Would be kind of fun to see who gets the awards and for what stupid act they did.
"Hoser" sounds like a canadien thing, eh!
might be, we live close to the border and even got a couple of them on our department.................LOL
yes but you'll find a handfull of them that stand out over the others:)
no but that is a good idea im going to talk to my chief about this

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service