I was talking to another member today and she mentioned this to me, so I went to Jon's page and this is posted there:
At 2:05am on January 1st, 2008, JON WILLIAMS said…
HI TO ALL OF JONS FRIENDS. IT SADDENS ME TO INFORM YOU ALL OF HIS DEATH.HE DIED IN A HOUSE FIRE TRYING TO SAVE A CHILDS LIFE.IT'S STILL UNCLEAR TO WHAT HAPPENED BUT I'LL LET YOU ALL KNOW MORE AS I KNOW MORE

I would sure like to know more, but it saddens me that I had the honor and pleasure of exchanging ideas with Jon and before I could get to know him well, he has died in the line of duty.
My heart goes out to his family, friends, his fire department and his community.
It is a tragic loss.
Art

Views: 291

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

The profile also says the person is a sergeant but has only been with current department for two months.

They've also posted in ALL CAPS for all of their postings, including the ones in the last day that are unrelated to reporting a LODD.

Dave
Well, I took a chance by doing a post stating that I couldn't find any info. I've made several more phone calls into the area around this department and no one knows anything about this. All the stations in that area only have answering machines. All websites concerning the local government, news papers, etc show nothing.

The department is located in deep southwest Virginia. I work in Virginia and we have had no notification of any deaths. We were shocked of the death of a brother in Loudoun County, Virginia while on his way to work from Frederick, MD. No other reports have been received.

If I am wrong about the validity of this incident, I apologize. Obviously, in this day and age of the Internet we can't go by just a single post without some confirmation and additional information.

Thank you Web Chief for looking into this.
A death would be required to be reported within 24 hours. NIOSH would issue a statement or notice.
Nothing there.
Local news. Nothing.
Local newspapers. Nothing.
I got nothing.
Similar to someone else named Jon who used to use all caps as well, perhaps? Sigh...
If this indeed is a hoax, this has to be the lowest of the low. Here is a link to vafirenews http://www.vafirenews.com/index.htm, there is nothing on here even about a fire.
I think "low" might be the understatement of 2008....
I have had the same suspicions... it would be great if it was a hoax, all things considered.
for one second, I read that and said 'whaaaaattttt????" as in....what would be so great if it was a hoax?? Then I re-read it and get what you meant.
Um, I don't want to speculate, but go to his page and click on his "Friends" and tell me what you see.
Holy Crap....what do I see??? A great big old pile of "twin sets" ...that's what I see.
Oh, and a freak....
you know, if you saw that collection on a police bulletin board, you'd be thinking...serial killer.
On a positive note, Chuck was member #10,000!
And I'm lookin' for a new friend!

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service