if you could change any three things about your department or agency what would they be? anything..

Views: 82

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

More members
POLITICS
NO MORE FUNDRASIERS
I'd have to say right now we should be full time fire and medic, because of all our calls and medicals we run on and its starting to take a toll on the guys, getting payed next to nothing with the high gas prices, 2nd would be a raise in pay, that would be great, secound would be a central station, we've got 3 stations right now and they're all spread out, it would be nice to have one big station right in the middle of all them.
I would say I would like to change the amount that the department gets. We run on near nothing for a year. The next thing i would like to change is the amount of dedicated ff we have. We have some that are on but dont like to do a lot of training. This bugs me since I take a lot of extra classes to be prepared. The last thing i would like to change is more training at the station. We do training but i would prefer more hands on training. We do alot of desk work and that just dont cut it.
1. Less politics.

2. More pay.

3. No more friction between full time & POC.
1) Less politics.

2) Less politics.

3) Less politics.

Guess what one of my biggest stresses is?
1. Same pay for those on Days and those on Platoon, if that happened the young guys could go to platoon while still young and the old guys like me could get off platoon and go to days and the retire out without totally wearing out our bodies (I just had knee replacement).

2. Early retirement, 80% at 57, 2 % for every year after or take total of years of service + age to a total of 80 the 80%. I am 54 with 28 years= I should have retired 2 years ago at 80%.

3. Nothing, do the first 2 and all would be very good in the department.
maned 24 / 7

pay

more equipment
1- Not have the Board vote in the Chief and line officers and put in back in the members hands.
2- Make all officers take a qualification test
3- Only Firefighters be allowed to vote for fire line officers
3a- Life members must have made at least 4 meetings to be able to vote (and I have 30 years)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service