I am amazed at the sheer numbers of "new discussions" that are in fact, no more than a little personal sticky note.
"Drinking in the firehouse" can garner 124 replies while a very worthwhile discussion on "Have We Forgotten" can only salvage 14 replies. Why is that? Because one might cause you to have to think a little before you reply? Or perhaps, we are much better at dispensing advice on a personal level but balk at anything pertinent to firefighting?
There has been an effort by some to turn this website into nothing more than a "Dear Abby" offering. How many of you actually go to the news page and come back here to discuss it? And why is the color of a truck so important?
I like fun threads, too. Threads about whackers are always entertaining and I think it is important that, if you have a particularly bad one to come here and talk about it, BUT, if you are going to freak out EVERY time, then you have chosen the wrong field of endeavor. The stark reality of this business called fire/rescue is that there will always be a worse call. If you can't handle that thought, then maybe we should stop posting threads that are no more than trolling for partners and post information here that might actually help you to process the ugly event that you just suffered through.
Simply stated, I joined this website for firefighters and not lonely hearts.
And if that pisses some of you off, sorry. I have to be honest in everything I do and honestly, I think FirefighterNation is missing its targeted demographic. I don't mean to sound pompous, but damn; let's talk about some real friggin' firefighting stuff for once. If you don't like reading or suffer from short attention spans, then maybe we can put it into smaller bursts of info.
But for whatever reason, discussion ain't happening.
Let 'er rip. It won't bother me one bit, if it means getting some actual feedback.
Art

Views: 189

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

You seem to discuss not wanting to discuss alot.
I respect your opinion and my comments were not directed in one direction.
If your comment "some in this group have a better than thou attitude" implies that I harbor that attitude, then you have missed the motives behind my many posts.
If we do not take the opportunity to learn from EVERY LODD, then the killing cycle will continue.
The point of the point in all of this is that: yes; this is a "social" website. But even when I socialize with my friends, we discuss today's topics as they affect us. Kind of a buffet of Nascar, the economy, the latest natural disaster and fire stuff. And a dirty joke or two.
To each his own, I guess.
TCSS.
Art
Art,

I will get to this latest NIOSH report as soon as I finish digesting this one Colerain LODD

Ill read it tomorrow and get back to you on it.

Allen
Has there been replies deleted along the way here? Just reading through the replies and there's comments being thrown around that aren't making sense.... ????
Many people are termed "wanna be" here. They want to be a firefighter, they want to be a cop, they want to be anything that they perceive as important, and heroic, nothing like themselves. Maybe they are living vicariously through us...Maybe they are actually learning something through these posts... The eternal optimist signing off
Pete

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service