I personally think it is fun to sit back, relax and enjoy the lighter side of life on FFN. I like to make new friends and enjoy welcoming new members feel good that they have joined a great site. I guess I'm the social side of FFN!

I'm currently going through FF1 training and do not have the experience or knowledge yet to offer input on the learning side of FFN. I love to lurk around and learn.

IMHO you cannot expect all 25,000 members to agree on every topic, however, we can respectfully voice our difference of opinions without resorting to insults and personal attacks!

We have a few seasoned firefighters who are always professional and offer their advice and share their knowledge.

I recently learned the valuable lesson of thinking before you type. The way you say something will not always be taken the way you meant! I do agree that we should not engage in inappropriate comments and behavior.

This site is a great resource and learning tool for exchanging experiences and ideas with other departments across the country...just contributing my 2 cents.

TCSS everyone,
Cat :o)

Views: 161

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Padre, this is of course your right!

But, "The Professional & Social Network for Firefighters, EMS & Rescue" as the headline says. I don't think I've done anything really 'social' here, but I'm probably wrong... But I find a lot of the 'business' threads very useful, and often entertaining.

I know the thread Cat is talking about, and it did get somewhat aggresive in there.
Hmmm...Sounds like someone is learning here.....hang in there...stay safe......Keep the faith............Paul
well put Cat, but its always easy to get caught up in the moment of things.
Hi T.J. -

Believe me I know! :o)
ditto here.
Jammies is business ??
nice
Yeah I have noticed that some people get pretty heated over the many "lights in POV" topics. Somewhere down the line someone will take it from a discussion to an argument. Why people want to fight especially through a computer I'll never understand.
We're a great bunch, sometimes a little misunderstood, but a great bunch. Sorry in advance. TCSS

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service