All Discussions Tagged 'training' (148)

Discussions Replies Latest Nation Member Activity

Best text books-EMT and Firefighter

What text books did you use in your training for any of the EMT levels or in training for your firefighter certification? Have you used any…

Started by Rachel

6 Nov 26, 2011
Reply by Nathan Henderson

Do You Get Involved With School Fire Drills and Safety Inspections? Can you add anything else to these ideas from around the world?

Does your department get involved with pre-school and grammar school fire drills? Have you thought about the training you can provide to p…

Started by Mike Schlags (Captain Busy) Retd

9 Nov 11, 2011
Reply by Mike Schlags (Captain Busy) Retd

DFSID Number

I recently received in the mail a blue letter from the Division of Fire Safety of NJ with an ID number. On the card it says State of New Je…

Started by Tucker Martin

0 Oct 19, 2011

Setting up a Shipping Container Live Burn Training Facility

Our department is looking at ordering and setting up shipping containers to do live burn training in, (supposedly short-term until a larger…

Started by Ryan James Johnsrud

8 Sep 22, 2011
Reply by Wade Seely

Training Opportunity & Special Discount Offer for Firefighter Nation Members

We're excited to announce two incredible training opportunities in the Midwest and Northeast, featuring multiple hands-on courses and dynam…

Started by Firefighter Nation WebChief

0 Aug 13, 2011

Using a Fishbowl and Goldfish to Learn How to Drive an Ambulance... Cost Effective Training!

One part of emergency vehicle training for Ambulances that is NEVER addressed is how to drive an ambulance, once you have a patient on bo…

Started by Mike Schlags (Captain Busy) Retd

27 Jul 20, 2011
Reply by Jack/dt

Injuries During Trainings

TRAINING INJURIES   I keep hearing about people being injured during trainings. And recently I have even heard of a few deaths during train…

Started by Fabulous Heather Days of Summer

26 Jul 13, 2011
Reply by lutan1

FireFighter Pledge. Take a stand and sign!

By signing your name by clicking reply here, I am hearby agreeing that I will 1. Wear my seat belt while responding to or returning from a…

Started by Engineco913

1150 Jul 10, 2011
Reply by Kaleigh Estabrooks

Cutting Lexan glass and Lexan Reinforced Gypsum

During some training we were discussing how best to cut Lexan glass and how best to breach Reinforced Gypsum.  We don't run into these mate…

Started by Ryan James Johnsrud

29 Jun 21, 2011
Reply by Desert Diamond Industries

Captain at 24 Years of Age

A volunteer with the Strathmerton CFA (http://www.cfa.vic.gov.au/) has become a Captain at 24 years of age.   Full article at: http://ww…

Started by lutan1

49 May 18, 2011
Reply by Jack/dt

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service