All Discussions Tagged 'safety' (152)

Discussions Replies Latest Nation Member Activity

Using The Hose Over The Shoulder

Recently, my business partner and I instructed a fire skills session at a CFA fire training ground for an underground mine rescue company.…

Started by lutan1

29 Dec 21, 2023
Reply by Haldun-TRK

FireRescue Magazine: Thermal Imaging Use in Fire Prevention

Wait, did I just say camera? This TI image shows an obstructed view of a power strip with adapters under a cabinet. (Photos courtesy of B…

Started by FFN WebTeam

1 Dec 2, 2020
Reply by Tomas Hawk McKinnon

Understanding Your TI Technology

Develop your base of normal and abnormal Firefighters investigating an underground electrical vault fire use a TI to isolate the electrica…

Started by FFN WebTeam

0 Sep 16, 2020

How To Prevent The “White Hat Syndrome”

Do you know how hot you are? (Photos courtesy of Bullard) By Manfred Kihn As the years have gone by in the fire service, we have seen va…

Started by FFN WebTeam

0 Jul 21, 2020

Chief, Would You Allow This?

Video highlights the ignorance of SCBA and carcinogens Video below is described as a vehicle fire where a fire chief is instructing a yo…

Started by FFN WebTeam

0 Jun 12, 2018

PPE on Vehicle Accidents

I was just wondering what peoples thoughts/department SOG's were on wearing bunker gear, ambulance crew/fire crew, on the scene of vehicle…

Started by Brad Dietlin

231 Jun 15, 2016

Class B Uniforms make us look like Cops

How's it? I'm looking for some feedback on what different departments' policies are on wearing class B shirts versus uniform t shirts on ca…

Started by Carson S.

11 Feb 12, 2015
Reply by Carson S.

New SCBA packs

Several years ago there was some significant development and press on new lighter, flatter, scba packs.  These were meant to give more flex…

Started by Greg Ramsdell

7 Aug 14, 2014
Reply by DAVID GONZALEZ

How important is driver training -

With EVOC courses being more and more common - just what is the responsibility of the driver ?  Is it merely to get a rig to a fire - is…

Started by Rick

18 Mar 10, 2014
Reply by Rick

Texas Statewide Safety, SOP Review - What Will You Plan to Do?

On Friday, across the entire state of Texas, fire departments have been asked by the state fire marshal's office, to stand down all activit…

Started by FFN WebTeam

4 Jun 16, 2013
Reply by Chief Dino

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service