Sunlight Reflection Causes Cape Cod House Fire

This structure fire was at 12 Nauset Lane in West Yarmouth on Cape Cod. Upon arrival, firefighters found smoke showing from the rear of the structure.

The fire started on the exterior of the structure at an outside shower and extended up into the attic and roof area where flames were visible until knocked back by Yarmouth firefighters assisted by a crew from Hyannis.

The roof was opened up to vent and check for extension. The Yarmouth Fire Department stated that the fire originated on the exterior of building and was caused by the sun reflecting off a magnifying mirror in the outdoor shower that ignited the shingles. The summer home was not occupied at the time of the fire.
Posted April 21, 2011.

Views: 495

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of My Firefighter Nation to add comments!

Join My Firefighter Nation

FireRescue Magazine

Find Members Fast


Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2019   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service