well, I turned32 today. I cant believe I made it this far. what have i learned? of course im gonna share!
1. Never be cheap with other peoples money
2. Respect your heritage. it might explain why you are the way u are.
3. Listen to the senior guys. they spin stories of mistsakes and experience. this way you get a heads up!
4. Be yourself. who cares what others think.
5. Dont be scared to be scared. it happens. learn from it.
6. Dont make the same mistake twice, its embarassing.
7. Be there for family. they will for you.
8. Walk the walk. dont be a poser.
9. Make sure when you talk sh*t, you back it up. see rule 8.
10. Embrace your brothers and sisters in the fire service. this foolish pride and power struggles is the cancer that kills the voluntier service both within and around.
11. Work hard for the company.
12. The word hero is over used and has no meaning any more. we are not heros. we are mere human beings trying to help others. Its our humanity that makes us special.
ENOUGH! STAY SAFE PEOPLE.