It's Time to Throw Down...and by that I mean a Dollar

St. Patrick's day is coming up. A holiday filled with the spirit of the Irish, and filled usually also with the beer of your choice. As a first responder (especially if you are a firefighter or a cop) this entitles you to full-fledged Irish-ness for a day.

Be advised...I'm now going to change gears and put in a plug for cash.

First, go to this website

http://www.learyfirefighters.org/

Scientist have concluded that because you are a member of FirefighterNation, there is a 93.6% chance that you watch the show Rescue Me. The 6.4% from above are also the percentage who will not conect the dots between the show and Dennis Leary's foundation where since 2000 "The mission of The Leary Firefighters Foundation is to bridge the gap in public funding so that firefighters have the best available equipment and training to meet the extraordinary challenges of a very dangerous job."

I have had the great priveledge to work with some of the folks of the Leary Firefighters Foundation and can tell you that they just some of the best people on the planet. Few others care as much about us doing what we do and helping us do it.

Now back to the St. Patrick's day lead in...

It's likely you, your department, perhaps even your whole community will toss back a few on March 17th in honor of our collective Irish-ness. what I propose is simple:

One Day, One Dollar.

On March 17th before your parade, cookout or pub crawl log on to
http://www.learyfirefighters.org/
and donate $1.00.

There are now about 15,000 members on this site...think of the show of solidarity it would be between first responders for us each to throw down a dollar!

Forward this idea off to your friends, your "other" social networking page and your email.

We take care of our own and we don't leave each other behind...it's time to throw down a dollar.

Views: 36

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of My Firefighter Nation to add comments!

Join My Firefighter Nation

Comment by Kimberly A. Beatty on March 6, 2008 at 12:23pm
Great idea, consider it posted ;o)
Comment by Denise on March 4, 2008 at 3:56am
I'm going to post this as a bulletin on myspace!!!
Comment by Lori Wagner on March 3, 2008 at 5:07pm
Hey Jason, sounds like a great idea. I will pass it along. I also sent you a friend request, add me if you'd like. Take care and stay safe...
Comment by Jessica on March 3, 2008 at 4:17pm
that's an interesting bulletin.
:)

FireRescue Magazine

Find Members Fast


Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2020   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service