Does anyone else use military surplus ALICE gear? When I started I had yellow FSS gear but the shoulder straps was not comfortable and it didn't' disperse weight very good. I still use the FSS pouches they hook up to the web belt but I think it carries better. My gear consist of a web belt with suspenders, two FSS canteen pouches, a surplus belt pack, and my fire shelter. I also have a pouch on the shoulder strap for my GPS unit.

Views: 157

Replies to This Discussion

I am just getting training and try to purchase required stuff! OWuld you please tell me from where you bought and how much you paid...MOst of the time I had nener bought my gears ...they arealways supplied by organization....
Good job of making this Grpup alive by discussion....
God Bless you!
-Paresh
The original FSS gear I got from the Kentucky department of forestry. The military surplus I got from a local surplus store. E-bay is a good place to look, I seen a complete set of FSS gear for thirty dollars. If you want new gear try "the pack shack" and "all risk fire" just type those in a search engine and it will take you their site, both have free mail order catalogs. If you need anymore help or have more questions just ask. Stay safe

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service