I am sort of new in the dept, as I have only been there for four years, but I have been to every training we offer. I passed FF1 last year, I have been through countless other trainings, and my chief and asst. cheif have told me they would like to get more guys interested in the training. BUt we have a lot of guys who have been on the dept for 10-20 years who "know it all", so we need to get some of the older generation involved in new techniques that we just learned, but they wont come to training because they think they are good enough already. If you can offer me any advice I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Views: 71

Replies to This Discussion

we have this problem with neighboring depts, the one i speak about doesn't wear bunker gear to any call, wont take place in (and looks down on us for it) the grant programs to get new gear or training.
and on our own dept a capt told the chief that it was about time they sent the letter and had the "little chat" with his grown and moved out daughter for missing out on too many training sessions and calls.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service