Anyone know a good source of Boston style front pieces (not used ones)? I've had lotsa FDNY style through the years and I think I'd like a Boston style for one of my leather helmets.

I see they're getting popular in the Metro DC area too.

Views: 2058

Replies to This Discussion

Cannon, have you come up with a source yet,? I know a guy....If you havent from the beantown area that has been making em for years and if he cant do it .. I know someone else who can... sorry I missed the orginal post..musta been making some NY style fronts or something....lol Come cold weather I'll be making some FDNY style inserts for my job...
Jim,
I have not come up with a source yet. I appreciate if you could put me in touch with your contact(s) or I could go through you. Either way is fine.

Thanks ! !

-Chris G.
Email me via my home page so I can give his info.. which i am NOT going to post publicly if you know what I mean... depending on the storm , I might even see him today at the local muster...
I can get you what you need. Custom made to your specs in the Boston Style. Let me know if you are interested.
F&T shields. Awesome place to deal with. Emailed them with what i wanted on the shield and had in two days!
http://www.parksales.com/fdfronts.htm

the guys name is Dean that you will deal with, he does an awsome job. good luck, STAY SAFE!
when Cannon asked , I mailed him a guy's phone number, By the name of Donald Power who's a retired Metro Boston area Firefighter, who's been making fronts now for about 20 years, he learned the art when he was detailed By his department to the shop in Boston for a couple weeks before he retired.. So DP learned how to make fronts and do helmet repairs In the shop in Boston, about as authentic as you can get without getting one outta the BFD itself.. Cannon recieved the frontpiece in less then a week, and is very happy with it.... its been in service now for amonth..
Go to " www.tubs.com" for Boston Shields, they start at $34.95 + $4.00 s&h
Try www.deansfdfronts.com , i have ordered a few and currently have one on my helmet now they are good quality and i got mine in less then a week.
I am very interested! Please let me know where to find the Boston style.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service