well after being a firefighter for 13 years im finally gonna buy my 1st leather instead of that 1010 crap we wear. now can anyone help me find a good condtion 1 without spending 400.00 - 500.00???

Views: 125

Replies to This Discussion

Try eBay. I got mine there. Granted you probably arent gonna find one brand new too cheap, you will find a variety and who knows you may find a good helmet for cheap. Mine was two years old when I got it and it was practically new looking. Price? $270 after shipping. Now that being said, be careful and MAKE SURE its leather. My Lt. bought one that was "leather" and it turned out to be anything but that. He was pretty steamed over it. Shop around though, dont just jump on the first one you see. You'll find the right helmet for the right price!
off the shelf, look at the firestore.com cairns n5a's are not unreasonable unless
I tell youI bought my 1st 5a for 60 bucks new :P I think My 1st n5a was 180 with tax.....lol

Occasionally Youcan find a dealstillon ebay, But often if the lids worth it , it gets bidup to "stupid money" Know when to walk away ,.... Oryouwillfind yourself paying bigmoney ...on ebay ....
Nope. I just bought an N6A on ebay new with tags, and it ran me almost 5 bills, but if you keep your eyes open, they will come up, jus t be willing to spend $550 if you want new. Even used ones are going for 450.
I never though i would see it, but there is a senator by cairns in the 50's the aluminum one? they sold for like 15dollars back when 5a's were 30 its been bid up to nearly 500 but at leastits aladder company from Baltcity,so estetic value I suppose.. a war baby by cairns the cheesiest Leather made during ww2 to save parts , refurbed and all"new looking" 450, these guys are just plain Crazy....lol
Yeah, and it seems like ebay is getting crazy on the leathers. I did find my wife an older 5A out of Milwaukee, her hometown, and picked it up for about 225. I wanted to get her an N6A, but the sentimental attachment to her hometown and all. When I got it it needed a new coat of paint and some refurb, so I did it and the helmet looks pretty sharp now, and oh so light!
firestore.com is a good place to check
Why would you want to buy used? Spend the money....they are worht it!!
Agreed, but I work for free, and the department doesn't pay for leathers! So used was an option. I have since bought two new N6A's paid a bit over 4 bills for each.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service