Why do you wear a leather?

I am all for the traditional look of a leather and ever since I was a kid I wanted a leather to be just like my father, hopefully I can get my natural the same color his natural is...almost BLACK!

Views: 103

Replies to This Discussion

In the mid 70's one had choices between "traditional" and "modern" Traditional we Just about anything Manufactured BY Cairns& Brother who had been making FIREFIGHTERs Helmets (Leather, Aluminum, Fiberglass, and Polycarbinate) or you Had MSA hmmm "MINE SAFETY Appliance" these johnny come latelys have vast experiance in fighting Fire umm Mine fires Maybe.. umm I am going to structural...and lets not forget about the "John BEAN" actually "Darley" of fire helmets.. Bullard... Every Professional department I had ever seen and Looked up to in MY Country wore a Cairn & Bro New Yorkers Period...I Purchased my 1st one for 60 dollars and shortly after a freind Borrowed 60 to buy a Spare.. several years Later I bought IT Back as My own spare , Brand new out of the box just like the first time... I spent 35 years in 2 Volunteer and (21 and 7 months) Career departments... The New yorker that I started with is the one I have in the best overall condition of 2 5a's (unapproved) and 3 N5a's They all felt good unlike wheel chocks and the old MSA topguard that were Polycarbonate "Batting Helmets" I wore the best protection in the best comfort available to me during my 35 years of active fire service, simple as that...

question for you....does wearing a JOb shirt make you a firefighter?....lol how about being from a department that sanctions a Bagpipe Band?? You should Play the pipes dude hahaha

(DOes the pipe band still exist? and do they still play for whichever company there as it did?
i bought a leather because of the tradition and pride that comes with owning a leather helmet i love my helmet its a 2005 houston. its not going anywhere

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service