I am looking to see if there are others out there that see these competitions as a vital learning tool, and to see if they have been able to gain skills and knowledge from these comps. And have you been able to walk away with new friendships and understandings of how other companies and juristricions operate.

Views: 156

Replies to This Discussion

Robert,
We have been competing on and off since 1996. Gained a wealth of knowledge and made many new friends. Mike Guadagno-1st Asst.-Scranton VFC (Hamburg, NY)
Thanks for joining the group, and for feeling the same way. Stay safe.
It was your guys that got us started and those are the "new friends" we've made. Wally, Mike, Mike Galante and a past Chief of yours Scott Will. Scott is the one who actually got us started. the other guys I mentioned kinda pulled us under their wing and showed us the ropes in the competitions. We took a few awards, but nothing like what you guys have to show. We haven't competed in awhile. Our better guys got married, had kids, etc. Now they are all whipped. We've been talking about it again, so I'm sure we'll see you guys at a competition. Tell them guys I said Hello.
Rob,
ABSOLUTELY!!!!! we wouldnt be as good as we are on the street if it wasnt for all the competions we attended (and walked away with some hardware, too I might add!). I am on the same team as Mike (Gooch) and echo his sentiments 10 times over. We have made many friends, and the guys up there in Brighton (Gooch listed the names) have treated us like gold. I stand behind competitions 100%, and wish we had the time to get into a few in the near future.
Mike, sorry haven't gotten back to you. We have been busy with practices for the new team and getting ready for the field days. Wally and Mike are both judges now and have been working alot of comps. Curry is a judge also and his business has really taken off. It would be nice to see your team back out there and have someone else from the area representing. Have a good one.Tell Scott I said hi.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service