Remember one of the golden rules on a structure fire? Your dispatched to a structure fire in a rule part of town and your firs out as a volunteer engine company.There is only you and your engineer,you arive on scene single family dwelling fully involved pull your cross lay and your engineer is charging the line.

Funny story but true as we got close to the house this was about the time i tried to put my regulator on my mask it would not go on Hmmm well come to find out a piece of plastic broke off on the regulator rendering it useless.never the less we took care of that. but i digress the paid crew showed up after we had the fire put out he he he.During the mop up process a paid captain from our central point station needed to feel important so i gave him the nozzle he needed more hose so i was shagging some hose for him he yanked real hard on the hose and as a result i went out the side window lucky for me it wasn't a long fall down.Can you imagine when i walked up to the front of the house breathing air dark with ash and so forth the chief saw me with amazement ware did you come from? Funny story nobody was hurt.My point is 2 in 2 out Accountability Ware is your partner? always keep within an arms length or closer of your partner regardless of mop up or active fire at all times no matter what,your partner is your lifeline.

Views: 62

Replies to This Discussion

What kind of system of accountabilty are other deptments running? 1or 2 tag systems? How do you keep track of your ppl? My dept. is trying to set one up any suggestsions on what works and what doesn't?
Hi Rick im on two fire dept one of them we use the one tag system. this works very well for us. on the other dept they do not use tags so we have to do a head count. And IM sure you know this is very unsafe. The tag system is the only way to be sure every one is out and safe. I hope this helps. Stay safe.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service