What do those of you not with stlfd but in the area of state of missouri think about he most recent (month of october) think about what has gone one in stlfd. The demotion and retiring of sherman george...the promotions...etc?? just wanting to check the pulse of metro stl about what they think about what we have done recently.

Views: 66

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds positive for the majority of the department members. 30+ have been promoted to positions they have been waiting for for several long years. The morale has gone up for many of those in the department, with the exception of those in a certain "special intrest" group. Whoever the next CFD will be(I think I know who it will be) will lead the department and work well with the only barganing unit for the FD and the "special intrest" group to find some middle ground in moving the department forward.

I hope people will read posts about how the Dept has changed and more will attend the retest for recruits for the FD.
Matt
thats how I see it on the inside...I'm just hoping that those on the out side see it that way and that the change in enviroment will lead not just to better days for those on the stlfd but to a reputation and enviro that will lead to applications comming in from around the nation like it was when I applied in 91 and not 1300 but as i remember it around 10k applied about 7k took the written test and 1500 made it to the phoenix (physical aptitude test) and etc. I hope that due to the changes recently we get the best of the best of the best to apply and come on the job....I know the current entry level test getting thrown out is not a good omen...but I like the uptick in moral and hope this will give us a broader pool of applicants and we get more educated, smarter and tuffer new guys...can't help it I have to stay positive considering the last month. The feeler I put out on the blog here was in hopes that those who are not as close to the subject as me will be able to let me know whats getting out to other fd's and seing as i come from desoto mo vollie fds and those who avoided stlfd. My hope is that what I see as a bright future after a time of turmoil will be what others see and again folks will be knocking them selves out for a try to come MY department.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service