Do any of you use a Fire Smoke Safety Trailer to educate children?

Views: 43

Replies to This Discussion

Good Idea if we could afford to have one.
We have two...When the county got them about 15 years ago...they did not think about outfitting them with signage and props...So when I was brougt into the office on a detail my main focus was to outfit each room with safety messages and this has helped. I am not quite sure what you are looking for but the people that design them can do a better job. I asked the guy who was me about 15 years ago and he said the same thing. You use your imagination when it comes to outfitting the safety house. We log so many miles on them that it is nuts. Baltimore City with Johns Hopkins has a special trailer that is a Simi and a Trailer combined. It is crazy how well theirs looks and it is very impressive. I would like to have the money that they used to enhance ours but it's nuts. Are you thinking of getting one...
These trailers are a great addition. Easiest way to get one is to try and get your county, or local departments to apply for a block grant to purchase one. The kids really latch onto the message you send them with one. We use ours every October, and every other chance we can
We have one. It is a county wide trailer, so you have to call to reserve it. It is a trailer setup with a downstairs and upstairs, which allows you to focus on different ways to escape a smoke filled environment. The only issue I have with it is my height. There is about three feet from floor to ceiling in the living and upstairs bedroom. The kitchen area is the only place I can stand without hitting my head or scraping my back on entry.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service