Something I've been hearing alot about lately is that orange is safer then lime green. My dept. perfers lime green over orange and anyone who has read my posts know that I agree, but I'm wondering what everyone else thinks?

Views: 167

Replies to This Discussion

Lime green is the way to go. Maryland that is what they requre everyone to wear when your working on the roads
Lime green is better. They say that drivers might think that you are a traffic cone or barrell if you wear orange. It a driver is driving down the road and all of a sudden the see someone or something they might try to hit the traffic barrell first before hitting a person. So this is why you shouold wear lime green.
For vests green definatly gives the highest visibility at a much longer distance.
Traffic cones are another story. I've seen more and more of the green cones out around the roadway and don't think they are as noticible as the orange, simply because John Q. Motorist is used to seeing the orange ones and take note of them and their meaning much quicker than the green. For cones it has less to do with visibility and more to do with driver recognition.
oh yea orange cones with hi-viz tape is the way to go.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service