need help with recipes for a retiring cheif. something good for at least 300 people. any suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

julie

Views: 113

Replies to This Discussion

Julie I am originally from Florida so I don't have a recipe for that many people but he would probably love Jambalaya. I 'm sure you could google a recipe or I could ask a few friends If you are interested.
if you could get some recipes that would be amazing thnks so much for the suggestion. i never thought bout that. you can also add me if ya like.
Hey we did tacos for a group that big it works great and anything left over can be frooze.
here are a couple that you can try.

potato and kielbasa mix (you can subtistue kielbasa with ham)

scrub all potato's clean and leave the skin on them. cut them into small cube type pieces and set them aside. take the kielbasa into 1/4-1/2 inch pieces. I use Mccornack's Garlic and Herb seasoning. You can substitute a mesquite type seasoning if you wish.. In a bowl put in some potato,kielbasa and seasoning. add a small amount of olive oil. mix it well with your hands. empty it into a big baking dish. mix some more potatos and kielbasa, seasoning and olive oil in bowl. Add tp the baking dish. continue this until you have a full pan. cover with aluminum foil and cook until potatos are cooked throughly. Have gotten alot of very good reviews with this at parties.

Crockpot chicken over white rice or egg noodles

Ingredients needed:

Crockpot
Boneless-skinless chicken breasts
Bacon (either regular thin cut bacon or maple flavored thin cut)
2 Cans of cream of mushroom for each crockpot used
Flour
Sour Cream
McCormack's Garlic and herb seasoning (reddish orange in color)

Get boneless/skinless chicken breasts and clean them, cut off excess fat if there is any. Pat dry with papertowels. Set aside. Mix in a bowl, 2 cans of cream of mushroom, 1/2 cup of flour, 1/2 cup of sour cream and 3-4 tablesoons of seasoning. (you will need to make this mixture for each crockpot used. Take chicken and wrap it in several pieces on bacon, then place in crockpot. Stacking them on top of one another until crockpot about 1/2 inch from the top. Take the paste that you made and using a spatula, put it on top of the chicken/bacon in crockpot. sprinkle a little more seasoning on top of mixture. Slow cook on low for 10-12 hours. Once it is cooked, take a wooden spoon and break up of chicken. Cook egg noodles or white rice. Once that is cooked, take the chicken mixture and place on top of it. Optional,,, you can add frozen broccoli if you would like.

I have made this multiple times and had people asking for this recipe. And there is was never any left overs at parties.

Good Luck !!!

Rob
Hey Julie,

One great thing is simple and everyone thinks you spent loads of time on it.

Oven Fried Chicken

Can be preped in advance and cooked the same day and kept warm in a warmer.

Chicken pieces
flour
season salt
pepper
chili powder

butter or substitute

Start by mixing all dry and dredge chicken.
at this point you can freeze the chicken for future use. (great for the fire house as well)
when you are ready melt butter or margarine in pan in oven.
you only need enough to cover the bottom of the pan.
place the pieces in the oven and cook at 350 for about 45 minutes. Turn chicken and cook until chicken has a internal temp of 165. Keep warm in a large temp controled roasting pan.

hope this helps

Ron
What I would do thats fairly easy is this, Baked ham, Mac& cheese or buttered noodles, french cut green beans w/ slivered almonds, nice green salad, do assorted pies w/ ice cream for dessert it's quick and easy for those who can't fuss, and looks nice on a plate.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service