Does anyone agree that guys outside the fire service find us intimidating because we might be stronger than they are. I can't seem to find anyone who actually understands and I'm done with dating inside my firehouse, it causes way to much drama..Help please!!

Views: 91

Replies to This Discussion

Yup, I know what you mean too. I haven't dated any firefighters, it's happened once in our department and it was a real mess, for such a large department, you would think it wouldn't be noticed... hahaha.. yeah right?
I have noticed that men are a little intimidated. I am fit and have arms and shoulders that are a little bigger than the average woman. I did get noticed the other night and it turned out to be by JTF guys (Joint Task Force). We hit it off great and of course I didn't give him my number and he's heading over seas soon... hahaha Sigh... it's never easy, eh?
I am pretty open with whom I date (bisexual) but I find that guys do get shy with me.. if I let them get that close - I live in the mountains so the dating pool is small here but I do travel a lot with work and that provides a different dating pool - and I am not running off when my pager goes. It is those that visit me at home that see what it means to be a FF. The women think it is cool and many of the guys think that it is interesting... but lets be serious - you can not talk firehouse with a non-FF - they just do not get it.

J
I find that some guys in the fire service can be snooty toward us- I was at the gym working out and there was a firefighter in there. I was trying to make small talk while waiting for one of the machines and he was totally rude when he found out that I was a rookie fire fighter.
Thank goodness most Jakes are not part of the "he man - woman hater club"... I am sorry that some people are dinos and want the fire service to be the last public service all guys club... but heck I do the job - as well as and sometimes better than some of the guys - we all come to the work with different skills and abilities and it is the whole that we create that is better than the parts... sorry he was snooty but it is his loss and there is just no time to be wasted with those with that attitude.

J
i don't think it will ever end..and it definitlely depends on what kinda guys they hang out with too..i learned that the hard way..when their fellow males cheer them on to juggle more than one girl and all that kinda stuff..ugh!!!
Hey I have trouble with dating reasonable guys fullstop. I work as a nurse when Im not working as a firefighter.... You think with both professions there will be more opportunities.
I started to date a firefighter (not at my station) when I first joined the fire service, and we were called to the same job..... and we broke up cause he couldnt handle me being in charge of the sector he was in. Im sure there are guys out there that will accept us girls doing what we do best
I also am very open and honest with the guys ( or girls that I meet) Most people in general thinks it's pretty cool that I as small as I am, am a FF. as far as Dating, I ave dated one person on my dept. but that's how I actually started with the dept. we are still very best of friends! I have dated outside F&R and no they try to act like they are interested in what u do, but don't realy get it! Most of my guy friends are FF's, yall are prob. like me, Fire & Rescue is what I love talking about! And on a date unless it's with another FF, doesn't work! LOL....So if yall find a solution to the dating thing let me know!
Id like to put up a challenge to any male firefighter/ems or other emergency personnel that maybe looking at this discussion............
Get up off your asses and date one of us female's... We understand when you have to go when your pager goes off, we underestand what you guys do(cause we do it too).....We are still very much females underneath our uniforms at the end of the day......
Come on I dare you!!!!!!!....................
I am new to this site and it is so refreshing to hear that other women are experiencing the same problems as me. I recently dated an EMT who is on the same volunteer department as me, he quickly dumped me when the other guys on the department told him that I wasn't worth it. It is sad how much influence other men have on our relationships. I figured on a volunteer department, it wouldn't be a big deal, but it really has become a big mess. There is the whole philosophy about not dating people you work with, but honestly, I spend time at my job and at the department, where else am I going to meet guys? Also, where else do you meet men who understand your love for one of the most dangerous jobs in the world. I saw in another post, someone said that they really enjoy talking about the job, so do I and how do you do that with people who have never been in this line of work. Hopefully (this is a long shot) the men in our companies will grow up and realize that we are strong women, and we like what we do, but that's ok, we are also women too, and by the looks of profile pix we are all pretty hot! In the end, it's their loss.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service