Based upon these two images and the progressing fire at hand; What are the TEN (10) Most Important Things this incident is telling YOU, when you read the building...
i.e. Things you know about the building, want to know, need to communicate, safety issues, strategic or tactical factors, structural integrity, fire behavior, life safety, etc.

Remember..ONLY YOUR TOP 10 Bullet Points regarding how you are reading this Fire, Building and ensuing Operations. Now get to work....

Views: 47

Replies to This Discussion

I'll be first and everyone can correct me.

* The house is stable in the front part of the structure going by the pictures. The rear will suffer structural damage.

* Life safety - There are two people on the front porch. They could have self evacuated, be neighbors or workers or possibly arsonists. The car in the driveway and the size of the house (perhaps multiple apartments) could mean additional people inside.

*Life Safety Part II - The best way to save lives is to put water between the victims and the fire AND protect the stairwell to allow for easier evacuation. So my first due engine will stretch an attack line through the front and upstairs to halt fire spread.

* Have the RIT(s) provide proactive RIT tasks (ladders, etc.)

*Life Safety Part III - My crews are my most important resources. They need multiple ways out of the building. Ladders need to be thrown on three sides.

* Incidents in these types of structures require a primary search. My first due ladder will supply the search.

* Incidents like this need fast truck work: 1. Ventilation 2. Removal of windows as part of a coordinated attack. 3. Vertical ventilation once access is gained (power lines overhead)

* Incident management is critical. Several alarms will be used upon arrival.

* Fire spread will be via the roof and attic space. Extra crews will be used to confine and extinguish.
Apparently Jay, you scared everyone away with your insights (LOL)...
Thanks for taking the first shot...Let's see if we have any other leaders out there....

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service