Illinois has a program for fire trucks and ambulances where, if your application is approved, you can borrow up to $250,000 at zero interest for new fire trucks. I had the privilege of sitting on the committee some years ago that established this program along with our state rep Don Moffitt.
We had previously applied and was unsuccessful, but with our latest attempt, we received word last night that we had been approved for the loan. This will save our district several thousand dollars in interest alone.
I encourage any Illinois departments thinking about getting a new truck to apply. It is well worth it.
I encourage any state that doesn't have this type of program to consider starting one.
Now might be a good time, since there is all the stimulus money available.
TCSS.
Art

Views: 51

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thats AWESOME Chief! Thats really good information to know. How did you on the committee go about starting the whole thing????
Please let me have any info or advice you have on trying to get this started in my state. I see this as a win win sit. Thanks
We have that in Ohio too. We were able to purchase a new engine two years ago with that.
WHOOO-HOOOO!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service