just wondering why because that stereotype thing got me wondering so anybody got any ideas i wont take offense to any of them there ansewers yall might give to me hahahaha jk lol

Views: 2898

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know what king of problem you have, but you need to go somewhere else with it. You are a prime example of the type of person I work with.

I'm not going to argue with you and your friend any more. You are obviously of the generation that are convinced that you know it all, and it is useless to argue with someone who knows they have all the answers. You may think you know it all, but opinions are like hemmoriods. Every one has them and they are a pain in the ass.

With this I'm out of here. I'm not getting in a battle of wits with someone who is unarmed.

If you want to continue with this send me a PM, otherwise, AMF!!!
Bill you are a jackass!
Opinions are like hemmoriods. Every one has them and they are a pain in the ass.

You are welcome to yours. Now, all of you smart asses can kiss my ass.

Good night.
Finally someone that can understand. That's the problem with these people who want to argue with me, and they are Americans. These guys are just internet bullies. I don't care what they say.

Thanks for the assist.
Being from Dixieland myself (Great State of Alabama) I can sympathize, sometimes it can be a pain in the keester. I don't really have a problem with "The South" jokes most of the time, because it is often in fun, like am I married to my cousin, do I play a banjo, and can I count past 11, are just to name a few of the things I've been asked by non Southerners (aka: Yankees, haha). When people start insulting, and condescending me, based solely on the fact that I am a Southerner, then I start to have a problem.
Bill says, Now, all of you smart asses can kiss my ass.

What was that earlier comment you made about attitudes Bill?????
I wasn't going to lend much thought to this thread; that was, until Bill got all fired up.
Look at the title of the thread and how it paints everyone with the same broad brush. Instead of asking "why do SOME people think firefighters are rednecks in the south?" the thread starter throws ALL people into the mix.
I won't speculate that he designed his title with this purpose in mind, but unless we reply along the lines that not ALL people believe that, then we validate his misguided notion that PEOPLE think that firefighters from the south are rednecks.
Many people don't know what a redneck is. I only know what I know, based on the stereotypical things and Jeff Foxworthy. That's right; Jeff Foxworthy. If Rednecks are upset about their station in life, then they can blame Jeff Foxworthy. He set them back a hundred years with his books and stand up comedy routine about rednecks.
The question raised in this discussion thread is not a valid one. All it did was open the door for someone who wanted to get something off their chest or to play Devil's advocate. It also allows for the stereotypes to be further stated and eventually upset someone to the point that they say things in disgust to people they don't even know. Our identities go well beyond our profiles, but I guess profile information does in a pinch, but it doesn't give the complete picture. Not that it matters.
For the record, this has been discussed before in the thread "Stereotypes" started by Kevin Hatfield.
And if you look at some history at this website, threads involving stereotypes whether they be geographical, gender, race or religion usually garners much discussion that DOESN'T solve any problems with recruitment and retention, layoffs, budget cuts, physical and mental health, leadership, PPE issues and on and on. Some seen more versed in offering their sage advice on "life" issues rather that "firefighting" issues. Don't believe me? Type in a search word with "woman" or "women" in it and see what you get. And some of the most popular "blogs" are females lamenting about relationship issues; not firefighting issues.
Also; topics like this-just like politics-brings out the underbelly in us when we reply to "emotional" issues.
I'm just sayin'...
TCSS.
Gee Billy Bob I thought you were not going to respond to a battle of wits with the witless, and all you have to say is "kiss my ass"! What an intillectual giant, the south is proud and safe with you as their rep.
You obviously do care what they say because you keep responding to a battle of wits with the witless.
You just showed why you are called Chief Reason.
Thank you, well said.
LMAO!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service