Long story short, we had our yearly government inspection here at the airport. Everything passed with no problem, although we were asked the question, "Why aren't your trucks plugged in?" No one said anything before he asked again, "How do you know it'll start?" Now we plug our trucks in after our work is over (usually around 1700hrs) and they stay plugged in until the morning when the next shift comes on duty and does their daily truck check (0700hrs) I was asked to get in my truck and start it, and of course it started with no problem. Now we are all questioning when and how long to plug in our trucks. I personally think its ridiculous to plug them in 24/7, I think it could damage the battery charger. Little back ground we have 2 Oshkosh T-3000's and 1 E-One Titan 8x8.
Is there anything in the NFPA codes stating when/how long trucks should be plugged in? When do you plug your trucks in? Just trying to clear up some un-answered questions. Thanks for everyones input!
TCSS Logue

Views: 692

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We plug in our truck and Wagon in after every call or pulling them in from bingo. If it is a bingo nite then we will run the cord outside to keep them plugged in so we will no that they will start
We always have them plugged in!
if its in the station, its plugged in

Exp Capt Marc Hurwitz
Los Angeles CITY fire dept
our trucks are plugged in after we return from a call.
our rigs are pluged in when they are not out if they are in the bays they are plugged in and it doesent seem to affect the vehicals at all because the master switch is off we also have our engins and tenders and rescue pluged into air also

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service