It seems to me that there is a very wide range of requirements nationwide and from state to state. I am reaching out to the members of FFN asking for your help in comparing these requirements.

I am in search of what each state requires for training hours for a firefighter, i.e. such as Basic Firefighting, a 28 hour/36 hour/120 hour course, FF1,and FF2.

I want to compare our state with yours nationally. Let me know what your state offers, what the requirements are, and what your state mandates?

Thanks, train often, stay safe and share your knowledge.

Views: 1322

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok Norman, now you have OH, WV, KY , WA & Maine. I pulled the info for WV & KY, neighboring states, off their official websites. Wow!! 5 states - 6 counting your own, you just have another 44 to go!!
Here in Michigan you need at least FFI (with supervision of a FFII at all times) and 24 hours of training every year.
Jenny you are very correct on the FMO records. You and everybody else don't understand why either. Those of us that remembers the move is common knowledge that records got lost. They just didn't know who's was and who's wasn't.

I wish you luck in trying to fine your husbands records. I know how hard it was for me to get mine straighten out. Just so I could test for my FF1. Believe me DOPS wasn't happen the way things went down. But they were the ones that mess up.

Give you another piece of info. There has been some rumors of putting fire records back under the FMO. Lord help us!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service