It is my belief that Television was the beginning of the end of society today. Before TV families had to sit around and get to know each other. People had there priorities inline bills, family, chores....

What do you think the downfall of society today is?

Views: 340

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

your welcome Carlos and thank you for posting

I don't know that this is the downfall of society, but when people are buying this, I'd say we are at least getting close to the edge...
Apparently you havent seent the snuggie for your pet

I saw the commercial this mornin it even comes with a talking tag that tells people where the dog lives
I was at a baby shower last month. (What? They had beer...)
The mom had registered at Walmart and Target but some jackass went and ordered her a Snuggie anyway. She seemed delighted when she opened it but I suspect she was just being polite.
I think I will stick with a blanket lol or a robe

Oh dont feel bad about going to the baby shower. Last month I went to a Bachelorette party (what they were hottttt) lol
I vote for a robe, rather than just a towel!
lol you still remember that pic!!! Well I happen to like nothin at all but if im trying to keep warm I think i will go for more of a blanket.
good point romulus
communication is lost within the family. I know first hand of a couple who were playing online scrabble with each other. One was in the living room and the other in the kitchen.
For some reason society has made people frightened to tell their kids to go outside and play......be kids. I remember as a kid I was always outside doing something....anything...being creative. And now others that were like me as a child have become SO creative that they took the "be creative" out of being a kid. Still trying to figure out when that happened.
10 year olds with cell phones that are racking up $800 phone bills by texting to their best friend who is just a phone call away and the next street over. I'm gonna get off track here soon so I'm gonna stop now.
Stay safe out there...but have fun.
I live there now, in a town populated by thousands of people and still growing, minimal crime, lots of family and community activities...and each of my children has a personal cell phone to use to call for help if accosted in the park or on the way home.
Well how about these things we are typing on, Our Computers...Lets see it has made Bill Gates a whole lot more richer and made us a whole lot more poorer when we have to buy one and not to mention the headache from viruses and spend more money to protect out investments from these kind-a things that some boone head set up as a trap or what he would call job security. Now im not saying I could live without mine, just that if we were not on here sharing our knowledge, the question is what would you be getting done right now if you didnt have one...
I trust you have set your DVR to record Trauma while your doing the paramedic work thingy tonight though...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service