well aside from drugs, alcohol, and in some places tobacco products what can you not do in the firehouse? I was driving by my station today and i realized that not all stations were so lenient as mine. One of my advisers was washing his car in the bay, while some of the juniors were goofing around outside with the hoses. Does your station allow this?

Views: 289

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

all the equipment in the house is used for the job at hand and not for goofing around. i could be wrong, but it sounds to me that the cheif needs to get things in order. what happens when the equipment needs to work and doesn't because the "children" are at play!??
YA THE JR'S IN MY DEPT ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE IN THE HALL OR GARAGE'S BY THEMSELVES, DO NOT HAVE KEYS OR ACCESS CODES, AND THE SAME GOES FOR PROBIES.
@ are station we can not have tv on until after 4pm but we can @ lunch time. during 8 to 4 we must be doing something , we must wear a shirt with all the junk on it ie: badge, name tag. & coller brass with tee shirt under it this must be on until 21:00 hrs. if you go on a call. nothing in station like car washing until after 17:00 or weekends. i could go on & on they like to pick on fire right now.
jesse wright: i just wanted to point out that no equipment off the truck was being used... a garden hose from around back was... and i dont consider it childs play when the adults are doing the same thing. We have a pretty laid back fire station but the the tones drop the bs stops... thats just how it is
We are retty lax I guess. Now smoking, no booze, yadda yadda yadda you know the normal stuff. Nothing that will cause damamge or injury. Other than that pretty much anything goes.
Horseplay in the apparatus bay is a no no
Reporting to a national firefighter website that my department was doing naughty things at the fire station is also a no-no.
What you should say is: "I have this "friend" at a fire department and he was washing his car in a truck bay while explorers were engaged in horseplay."
That way; you get your answers that you're looking for and you don't put your department in a bad light.
I do it all the time and it works.
TCSS.
Art
i really didn't consider them "naughty things".... its just bagdad lol
No private vehicles allowed inside the stations except at 2 stations in high crime areas. Horse play absolutely forbidden. No TV on between 8-5 pm (except lunch), no Tee shirts, must be in full uniform at all times! NO PPE's outside of the engine bays, no dirty engines allowed ever. If they are in the bay, they have been washed.

Oh and I forgot, no smoking and no internet use. No gaming either.
The junior members are not allowed to be in the fire house alone, since it's volunteer there is usually no one hanging around, unless we have/had a call, meeting, drill or worknight. Also, if the juniors are messing around they will be asked to leave. Other then that we can go and wash our cars, or use the computer.
At my paid department no cell phones on calls. no drinking, no booze, no one can smoke or use tobacco of any kind throught the duration of your employment ( a form signed when hired) if you do your fired.

We can only wash our vehicles on Sundays and Sunday is the only work day we can watch TV all day and pretty much have to ourself. All other days of the week we must be in uniform and busy from 0700 until 1630 we can watch the news at lunch but thats it. Must do 1 hour of PT daily also in addition to running calls we have daily chores we must complete.

Everyday the house is cleaned units washed ambulance deconed and a minimum of 1 hour company level training

Monday: Hurst Check, Weekly SCBA inspection
Tuesday: Weekly truck check, Battalion level training
Wednesday: Preplans, Weekly EMS CHeck
Thursday: Outside day (cut grass, trim bushes, etc.)
Friday: Buisness Inspections
Saturday: catchup day
Sunday: nothing
I really hope you are not responding after drinking!!! Is this at the station?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service