Views: 2655

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Since i have been in the fire service i have used two different types. bullard, which it hated, and the crains 1010, i have every good luck with this helmet, just wanted too see what departments used what. i also like the 4 1/2 inch face shield.
We use the cairns 1044 with defender shield.
We use the Cairns 1010 we love these helmets.
I have a Cairns 1010 with my spare gear and a 1044 at the station. I like them both. Back in the day, we had the 660 model. They were ok. I like the 1010 and 1044 much better, though.
I have worn the Metro Style, hate them. I have worn the Morning Pride Ben II, ok, but top heavy. I have worn Paul Conway Traditional and Cairns 1010 an dlike both very well. Currently got a Metro Bed Pan and working on getting a Paul Conway in the next round of replacements.
In my fire house we use the Gallet F1 to structural fires and car accidents and the Gallet F2 to wild fires
Mine says its a Paul Conway Legacy 5 iis very nice, the only problems I have seen others have with them is the shiekds break easy if dropped just right.
Cairns all the way Baby!
why didn't we put some photos of ours helmet?
Cairns for use:)
I'd use the cairns 1010, 1044, and New Yorker. Also, use the Ben 2 Plus. In onondaga county we mostly use New Yorker helmets. Ever since my dept. gave me one i thought it was better than the fiberglass helmets. leather forever.
N5a all the way! Leather for ever!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service