Check out this video on a successful secondary search.   http://firefightersenemy.com/2010/02/secondary-searches/

I am sure most of you have seen this before, but it is worth watching again and is a good reminder of the importance of thorough and methodical secondary searches. 

Here is a video that emphasizes the practice of a good, thorough secondary search.

We have all been in a fire that we were assigned the task of performing a secondary search. I have also been part of a team that we probably were not taking our task as seriously as we should have because we missed the first in jobs.

But, as we can see from this video it is important and necessary. Be thorough and check every hiding place you can think of. Think about where someone, especially a kid, would hide and check it.

Be safe and remember, every task and assisgnment is important.

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I strongly agree that secondary searches are a vital part of operations. If you are in command, this needs to be implemented. I've heard guys say, why is he calling for a secondary, the first crew reported search completed no one found.This video justified why it's important!
We conduct secondaries when possible. Part of the routine. Can't see why some might overlook that procedure.
Even if the property owner acknowledges an all clear, everyone is accounted for, we will still perform a secondary search.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service