I started this group last week, and I see that I haven't received much activity on it as yet.
This Group is for senior members of the fire service that are over the age of 55. Maybe I should have named the group " On Top Of The Hill Gang " and then maybe I would get some activity. I don't want anyone to take offence by me using the theme " Over The Hill Gang " I was just trying to reach out to our senior members of the fire service that are still active. I know that there are a lot of us out there. If you think I should change the name of the group to " On Top Of The Hill Gang " or something else, please let me know. My aim was to start a group for members over the age of 55 that are still active. If anyone has any better names, or ideas please let me know. Thank you, and please be kind with your comments.

Views: 458

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think you can call it (55and still going)
Hey James, Thanks for coming on board. You have one year on me, and God willing
you will have many more to come. I have also slowed down a little, but right there when
they need me to be. It's a great brotherhood to be a part of, and still enjoy helping out
in the community. Stay well, and be safe out there Brother.
Hey Reg, No I don't have" Over The Hill Explorers group, but you seem to be a Good O'l
Boy from Georga, so your more then welcome to join. I'd be honored to have ya.
Be well, and stay safe out there Brother.
PS: Don't let the HEAT get ya down there. It's 97 up here today.
Sorry Brother...not there yet....BUT...I will say this...look at most Departments (Volunteer) and check and see who makes the most calls...be it training, Fires, sick calls or the more mundane and often despised work details....and you will see the "senior" members...Maybe the young guns can learn a thing or two from the elders....I know everytime I put a uniform on or turn-outs or even just a tee shirt with the company name/logo...I feel a pride, a pride in belonging and a pride of the history of those that have gone before me.....They can make me grow older but no-one can force me to grow up....LOL Paul
How about...."55 and still alive".....LOL Paul
Well put, Paul, very well put.
You know, guys, as I get older and I see some of these young guys coming into firefighting I feel more and more like Don Quiote ... tipping at windmills.
I am only 48 with 21-years in the business. Keep this group going for a few more years, I will check back!!!
Hey Tom, Thanks for joining The Over The Hill Gang, But Still Active. Men like yourself
deserve much credit for your years of dedication to the fire service. I wish you many
more years, and the best of health to you. Be well, and stay safe out there Brother.
Mick
Hey Walt, I would say yes. 30 years in the fire service would qualify you. When I started up the group
I should have made it 50. I would be honored to have you come aboard, and join the group.
I am thinking of changing it from 55 to 50. Thank you for your kind comment reguarding
young firefighters learning from those of us that have been around for a while.
Be well, and stay safe out there Brother.
Hey Paul, Thanks for responding. I hope the group will keep going long after i'm gone.
Be well, and stay safe Brother.
Hey Mick,

I was just thinking of some topics for our new group to discuss. Most of these are loosely based on topics currently on FFN.

How about:

Do you remember your LAST call?

Which do you like more, leather boots or rubber boots, and why do you have on one of each?

Can you recall your unit number?

Just a few off the top of my head...

TCSS

Reg

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service