Oklahoma Fire Chief Killed in Grain Elevator Blaze, Five Firefighters Injured

KTUL is reporting that a firefighter from Hydro, Oklahoma has been killed and five others injured, one seriously, in a blaze at a grain elevator today.

The fire started at around 10:30 a.m. local time when a soy bean storage bin caught fire. Crews continued to battle the blaze into the afternoon and several nearby homes were evacuated. The town is about 70 miles west of Oklahoma City, the station reports.

Latest from NewsOK: Hydro firefighters mourn chief but continue to battle elevator fire

Full Story: http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0309/606444.html?ref=ffn

More: Tulsa World is reporting Fire Chief Nolan Schmidt died and five other volunteers were injured.

We will post more information as it becomes available.

Views: 479

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Godspeed to the firefighter his family and friends...

rough year here in Oklahoma..
The family of this fallen hero who gave his all, will be in my thoughts and prayer`s,
Didn't know the man personally but his sister in-law in California is a very good friend and his wife is a niece of another family we are very close to here in Northern Alberta so it's a very sad day, but as was stated in a earlier post he gave his all and all we can do in return is to offer our prayers and support for those that are left to mourn.
R.I.P. Chief. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family and crew. Get well soon to all that were injured.
Lord , our father, we ask that you be with Chief Nolan Schmidt's family as they grieve their loss. We understand that there is no way for us to describe or even feel the amount of hurt that is in their hearts right now, but we ask that you heal their pains and let them know that he died doing an honorable thing. We grieve along with them as the lord calls another fireman home. We pray in Jesus mighty name, Amen.

Our thoughts are with the family and friends of Chief Nolan Schmidt, and to those injured we ask for a speedy recovery. Remember Everybody Goes Home.
My regards to his family, friends, the Department, and town. Prayers out to you.
Amen Brother....
My thoughts & prayers go out to the family of Chief Schmit and a speedy recovery to the injured firefighters
God be with them all in their time of sadness. We will continue to keep your families and your community in our thoughts and prayers.
Thoughts and prayers go out to the Hydro firefighters. Firefighters around the world feel your pain, we may be in different parts of the country but we are all one big family.
Wakan Tankan nici un " May the Gret Spirit Walk with you, Our Brothers.
Our prayers go out to his family and friends Rest in Peace Brother.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service