Im on a comittee in our department that is looking to purchase a new rescue truck. A little background on my dept. we run roughly 90-100 calls a year the majority are EMS, we have 24 members on our roster now and we are looking to replace our light rescue truck, right now we have a 1987 crew cab chevy truck that holds 3 SCBA, 3 Cascade bottles, our jaws and a genarator, also our medical bags and splints. Im looking for any input on what your dept. use for a light rescue, so i can bring some good ideas back to the comittee, this truck will be the most used in our dept. going on MVA's, structurs, EMS, Haz-mat, and more. thanks Robert Amsterdam Vol. Fire MT

Views: 814

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Better yet, here. Complete Amkus Rescue System, cascade system, high angle and confined space rescue equipment, water rescue, 12000 lb winch, hazmat response, electrical reals, scene lighting, numerous specialty rescue tools and BLS equipped all in this beautiful little package. Oh, and it's a four door with plenty of space for 5 guys fully bunkered : )

Our department has a 550, it works good for us but we have had trouble out of the turbos. Also put some bigger tires on it, I'm not sure of the exact size but they help hold the weight and improve handling. I personally like the dodges they make a 4500 and 5500 now, with the chevy 4500 and 5500 you get into a bigger cab.
we use american lafrance pumpers and we have afull-time ambluance though the fire department. we are a full-time paid fire department. a mini rescuse or a heavy rescue is pointless for my department. basicly on any call there is always a ambulance and a pumper at every call. all are pumper have the jaws of life spreaders cribbing, basiclly any thing you ca nget for the fire service.
Hi Robert, My company just purchased a GMC 5500 14' walkin squad/rescue truck. The truck is still being built by Krammes Kustom Body in Saint Claire, PA. We spec'd it to have seating for 8 fully geared firefightes, carry all of our R.I.T equipment, medical gear, air monitors, cribbing, assorted hand tools, 15kw hydraulic generator, 200' electric rewind cord real, interior command center with computer, gps nav, 3 mobile radios mounted in cab with remote heads in rear, all our hazmat gear and more. This truck was very well priced. We contacted 5 manufacturers with our specs and got quotes from each with Krammes winning the contract by along shot. Check out my company website for some pictures of our truck in construction. www.cfc65.com

Brad Sanders
Secretary/Firefighter
Citizens Fire Company #1
Tamaqua, PA 18252
Does it have a good turning radious and where are they made.
Yes it does, and it was made at the E-One factory in Florida.
This is a nice truck, kinda what i was thinking about, couple more ?? is it four wheel drive, what kinda cascade system do you got. Ruff estimate on cost?? thanks Robert
Sorry, I was not on the truck committee and have no clue what the truck cost, I can't even give you an estimate. It is a 2x4 with push button 4x4 capability. Though we don't have much off road type of areas where I'm located, hence the smaller tires. The cascade system is a 3 cylinder one, I'm not sure what the cubic inches are, but they're rather large cylinders. And we can fill two scba bottles at once.
Thanks this helps alot. What kinda department are you? how many calls in a calender year and such??
You're welcome. We're an all volunteer department, run in an urban area, mutual aid to other urban areas, and we average about 400 calls a year. The rescue running the majority of them.
Are neighboring department just ordered a GMC Kodiak 4x4, 500 gpm pump,foam etc. Its to be used for about the same things you do. Rosenbauer is building it. They beat all the other bidders by thousands of $. The identical truck is on 4 guys website/ rescue-brush/ Quaker City Ohio. Goodluck
wow, we run 70 to 100. thats alot for a all volunteer dept.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service