I'm not sue, but I think I have qualified for a certification I did not know was available!

Let me set the scenario:

We were paged out to a "Buster Tango". Evidently this is the new "plainspeak" code for a Bomb Threat. By SOP, we staged at an area close to the establishment which had received the BT and waited for the state BI to arrive. The word that came down was that the individual had called to claim that he had planted a bomb in the bushes outside the business targeted and it would go off some time this morning. After 30 minutes or so, the BI agent arrived and took command of the scene. After discussion with local LE, the agent requested that the firefighters present conduct a preliminary search of the bushes outside the business to see if we could find anything "suspicious". Well, with a moment of hesitation, we began gingerly poking around in the bushes. We did not find anything and the threat was determined to be a hoax and we were released from the scene.

But in MY book, I am now certified as a Bomb Sniffing Dog!!

One funny note, as I was parting a large patch of sawgrass adjacent to the driveway culvert, my damn cell phone rang...scared the SH*T out of me!

TCSS!!!

Views: 179

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We have done this before; BT at local school, mainly walk-through to determine full evacuation but were told to look for “suspicious devices”. I laughed at the cell phone thing and can understand why but…..you should not take ANY electronic devices anywhere near a bomb site, it may make them go boom.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service