Firefighter Jeopardy, that is. The rules are simple, someone post the answer, then the next person to come along posts the actual answer in the form of a question. That same person who answers in the form of a question is to then post the answer for the next person to come along. Keep it firefighter related, try your hardest not to cheat(i.e. Google, Bing, Ask, you firefighter literature)... I mean, this is an honorable profession, right?

Photobucket

We'll start out simple.

"I'll take Fire Science for $100, Alex."

Answer; Oxygen, heat and fuel.

Views: 3870

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

and Green man answered it correctly. but thats good to know
What are firetrucks? (they are unpaid, fight fires and give everything they got when working)
OHHH alright then, What is the volly fire service?

ANSWER: FDC are the initials for this.
what is Volunteer Firefighters? that was mine

Yours
What is the fire department connection?

answer: This type of board is used in the rapid extrication technique of removing a patient from a wrecked vehical.
I said "volly fire service" to include those in the dept. who are not firefighters but work just as hard and are just as motivated, such as fire police, those who set up rehab and bring food and refreshments, and the jr's(heheh) who help with tools and setup. Can i still have the $$ for my answer?

What is a KED?

Answer: During vehicle extrication, you may find a warning tag with the initials S.I.P.S. which stand for this.
now derek Is a ked a board? I mean really

and I think Its a side impact protection system but theres also a sips that is a form of hybrid fuel

but try again and gimmme somethin hard lol
Yes, Loyd, it is!
a KED is not a board it is a vest with straps
It is referred to as a KED board.
where because It aint in any book that I have ever read, lol.

ok I will give on that one but I was refering to a backboard or spine board.

but I thought a rapid extrication technique used a backboard only well c collar and cid aswell but KEDs take to much time
I would like to suggest that it can go both ways. It will depend on the seriousness of injuries and extent of damage to vehicle whether to use a backboard or ked. I've done both, and really, I didn't find that one took much longer than the other.

Ok Loyd, you wanted a harder question, I hope I can deliver. As for the easy questions, I was practicing K.I.S.S.

ANSWER: This dangerous substance is found in cooling liquids in transformers and could present a hazard in transformer fires.
I am assuming you mean....

What are PCB's?

They have been removed from all tranformers in our area for sure. Allare vegetable il based now.

Answer:
This is what freon turns into when heated in a fire.
What is phosgene?

Answer: Sharp hook on pike pole for cutting metal siding or roofs.

...and yes, I was referring to pcb 's and It should have read "WAS found"

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service