I'm not sure how many juniors/explorers we have on FFN. It seems that we only notice the obnoxious ones and they tend to portray all Jr's in a bad light.
So, this is a chance for you to step up and be noticed. Tell us a little about yourself and why you want to become a firefighter. There is no right or wrong answer and while I assume that everyone will give the standard "I want to help my community" answer, I urge you to go deeper than that.
Try to analyze why you REALLY want to become a firefighter, let us know your thoughts, emotions, reasonings, agenda's and whatnot. Tell us what being an Explorer means to you, what you do as an explorer, what you hope to learn, and where you see yourself in 5yrs and 10 yrs.
What is the most rewarding part of being a jr/explorer? What has been the most stressful or the hardest to deal with or overcome? Is it what you expected when you first started?
And lastly, what do you expect, want, need or desire from us (the senior members of FFN)? There is a heckuva lot of knowledge and experience represented here and most of us are willing and eager to help teach and mentor others. But, and here is the big BUT, in order for us to be willing and able to help there needs to be a certain commitment on the part of the junior/explorer.
* you must show respect
* you must thank those that help you
* you must THINK about your question first (your department should be your first source of information)
* you must write in PROPER ENGLISH. Your post and writing style will reflect your education, intelligence and professionalism and will help garner more help and support.
* you must NOT ARGUE. stating a disagreement is ok, but if you disagree you must provide your reasonings behind the disagreement and/or offer alternatives or suggestions
* you must be willing to PARTICIPATE - if all we see are posts about asking for pagers or what color is such and such than you will either be ignored, ridiculed or snapped at.
So, how many of you Explorers and Juniors are willing to take up the challenge and participate?