ok so I was taking a look at my hood a few minuetes ago and I was wondering what kind off hoods everyone was useing as for me I am useing the same nomex hood I have had for well ever so what have you got and why do you like/dislike your hood? 

Views: 474

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wear a tan one...
I prefer the longer nomex hoods. First, they stay tucked in. Second, the bounce back after being stretched over your head and mask. The PBI hoods tend to stretch out and not fit around my mask until cleaned. STAY AWAY from the Carbon hoods. The do not allow any heat to pass through them. This takes just one more of your sense away completely.
Uh!! Ware it, use it, no matter what brand or color. If it's to hot get out. Buildings can be rebuilt your face and head can't be. Risk your life to save alike ok. But give your self a chance to bring them out alive.
The only way you can succeed is to be fully geared up. I hope are family realizes that you are not following all PPE safety protocols. That way they can tell all the other familiy members and friends, "Yea. he died becuase he refused to wear his nomex hood. Thats why he's not here at my wedding".

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service