Well im geting married soon and i wanted to see if thare any thing you couled get from the fire service to put in the wedding. Anything will help me.

Views: 606

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

thanks for all the replys
I thought this child was playing a prank on us. I almost fell for it and was about to offer some brilliant... well..ok some OK pointers, which include a hooked on phonics book for starters.
I think he and his lil girl "frined" should just settle down and stop playing with the hose. Babies that most certainly would never stand a chance in life could ( or if the thoughts here by others are in fact real, WILL)
be the result...Ok maybe that is a bit harsh... oh well. Just my thoughts.

This child most certainly should heed Heather's advice and change their profile name before his career in the fire service (for real - not the cadets or explorers) finds itself in a rut. One of the most serious rules in the fire service - disrespect to officers and other member, and he has broken it badly. Not good.

I still think the kid was yanking our chains! this HAS to be a joke right? lol
i was a firefighter as was my husband (ex) when we got married - SO I UNDERSTAND EXACTLY WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM - almost all the firefighters from 40 miles came to the wedding

BUT the wedding IS NOT ABOUT THE FIRE DEPARTMENT - IT IS ABOUT MARRIAGE

and it is hard enough in our industry to stay married - Paul Montpetit found stats that say 75-87% end up divorced - that is WHY ALL OF US CARE SO MUCH TO BE HONEST WITH YOU

really how many people do you know that THEME their wedding around their job - accoutant weddings ? doctor weddings ? lawyer weddings ? school teacher weddings ? do you see my point - no one really thinks it is too cute to go full out theme - IT IS NOT ABOUT YOUR JOB - it is about you and her...

YUP - on here you are not a chief - so PLEASE change your name... it is a sign of disrespect to those on here who have earned the true firefighter title and officerships...

And either you are marrying someone over age 18 - who is a real firefighter - or you are also calling another cadet a firefighter... when she is also not one

AND PLEASE FINISH HIGH SCHOOL... AND PROBABLY SOME COLLEGE BEFORE YOU GET MARRIED
nope and were not haven a baby we never done that. it not a joke it the truth
Dude, that is why I had to throw the flag on the field... a few times...

ask Norm reflected - maturity is needed - or else this young man is going to burst into flames... along with his relationship

AND WE SAY THIS BECAUSE WE CARE - NOT BECAUSE WE DO NOT LIKE THIS YOUNG MAN - WE ARE TRYING TO SAVE HIM FROM MAKING LIFE-CHANGING MISTAKES...
spend ALL the money you were thinking about spending on a fancy fire fighter themed wedding ON PRE-MARITAL COUNSELING

Try to beat the odds by being maritally prepared

that 75-87% of fire fighters end up divorced (imagine how that multiples if both of you are firefighters)

AND

that more than 95% of people who get married under the age of 18 will end up divorced BEFORE the age of 25

SINCE America reports one of the biggest issues which pushes people towards divorce is money issues - then WHY would you even propose to a girl unless you were individually stable financially for a long enough period of time that she could feel stable in the relationship and with you by her side - since the #1 need women have is safety and security - and as a girl, I assure you that you do not sound safe or stable, YET...

WHY would you be willing to START you marriage in such a dangerous spot ???

SINCE this girl is so great - she will be great in 2 years too... Marry her then... in the meantime work hard and sae $ and get your own place and learn to take care of yourself and get a good job and get educated... and a dictionary...

Why would you not work hard to beat the odds and PLAN BETTER FOR A BETTER LONG MARRIAGE INSTEAD OF JUST A PARTY WEDDING... YOU ARE FOCUSED ON THE WRONG THING !!!!

Dude, if any of us could save you from any level of hell fire and brimstone - we would ALL save you from having relationship and marital problems... which by the way also push many people to leave the fire service - another thing you report loving...
no im marrying a 18 year old who is a real firefighter/emt and when i finsh high school i will be firefighter/emt and have a little collage
oh ok well thanks to all
i will talk to you about this... or anything... privately if you like. send me a private email if you like. i just sent you a friend request.

Thank you for showing such great maturity and allowing us to present our thoughts - even if they are tough to hear. That shows a great deal of respect towards those that have walked this path before you.

THANK YOU FOR changing your screen name.

We ALL share our thoughts - no matter if they sound harsh - because we care... We have watched so many of our friends struggle in their relationships and so many younger members leave the fire service because they were not individually stable enough to handle the ongoin rigors which are needed in this industry.
Good ! Education will bring you societal power... and will be necessary to get any job as a fire fighter - especially if you want to be paid for your work.

ALWAYS work towards having a back up plan. What happens if you get injured at work and can no longer be a firefighter - which happens a lot - you must have a way to use your brain to make income for your family - if you can no longer use your body... So education gives you options.
SO - SINCE THIS IS YOUR TRUTH...

Tell us...

What characteristics do you have that make you a good candidate for HUSBAND?

What characteristics do you KNOW a good husband needs to have that you are still working on developing?

What is your 5 year goals as a husband?

What are your 10 year goals as a husband?

What steps are you taking now to reach those goals?

What are your back-up plans should fire fighting be snatched away from you due to life circumstances?

And what is your plan if your future wife ends up injured and unable to work? How will you care for her?

These are REAL questions... which ALL husbands (and wives) must be quickly able to answer...
Heather...
High fives to you! good job.. or as we say... nice save! :) that is what is needed most here, and most everywhere..someone to tell it like it is..and to give a shit enough to help!

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service