Hi....Me again....Now this is NOT another Career vs Vollie post...Someone asked for stats (I think it was Heather)...So, I got nosey and found this information from the United States Fire Administration....all stats are from 2008.  Total Firefighters in US    1,148,850...Career 321,700, Volunteer 827,150. Firefighter age groups....   ages....16-19...  4%, 20-29... 25%, 30-39...26%, 40-49...24%, 50-59...15%, >60...6%.   76% of Career Firefighters are in communities of 25,000 or more ......96% of Volunteer Firefighters are in communities of 25000 or less of which 50% are in rural areas with populations of less that 2500......I found this little exercise very interesting (doesn't take much to get me "interested" I guess....LOL)  Stay safe....always remember to Keep the Faith......Paul

Views: 513

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ROTFLMAO ;-)

just send your wife over - the court order only applies to you - not her and my breakfast
I don't think I want to go that far........LOL....found it online in National Statistics.....I have to get a life.....LOL
THANK YOU

when you are bored... though I don't know when you have time to eat or sleep let alone squeeze in boredom

it is important that you feel important and needed ;-)
that will give you a higher quality of life ~~~ when you get one
LOL....I do pretty well but thanks for thinking of me....8) I really do enjoy my time with the Department....and while the weather is tolerable I get out on the motorcycle a bit....you know terrorize the natives....LOL
Hey Paul, I was looking for those marriage / divorce stats, and could not find the same ones you did. Can you find the link and post it for me, please ?
That was directed at Kevin's post, not yours.
OK, thanks for the response....
I went on a national post...Had to do about 20 searches and read through a ton of crap...but for you...well let me see what I can find (again).......
you can go to www.fireengineering.com or www.fellowshipofchristianfirefighters.com...or www.wiki.answer.com or even www.uscensus.gov.....that should help you out a bit.....have fun........ 8) oops another one.... www.straightdivorce.com
In the great words of Rod Stewart and Van Morrison...

HAVE I TOLD YOU LATELY THAT I LOVE YOU
HAVE I TOLD YOU THERE'S NO ONE ABOVE YOU
FILL MY HEART WITH GLADNESS
TAKE AWAY MY SADNESS
EASE MY TROUBLES, THAT'S WHAT YOU DO

ok, well, maybe that's over the top... but you get the point ;-)

and since you "had to do 20 searches and read through a ton of crap... for me" I felt it only fitting to express my gratitude - MAGNIFIED !!!
Be still my heart.........or is it Ask not for whom the bells toll...they toll for you.....Hope this was what you were looking for....Have a great one.........Paul

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service