I am new to our training division and I would like to get some different types of props. Does anyone have any tried and true setups? Some tips and pics on the construction would be great too. Thanks.

Views: 3635

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would appreciate a copy of the mask confidence course. tvfd526@gmail.com
TIA
Heres an easy one to do. Since we all work in the dark. In one of our SCBA traning, they took an SCBA in a room took the mask off or disconcnted a hose and we had to go in with the lights out and find it and put it the right way. This helps with knowing your pack and serching.
Anther one. Have a guy gear up and pack up, with there hood on backweards and have him crale in to difernd confind spaces where he may or may not need to take his pack off his back. My favorit is the back tandoms of the truck. I t can be hard to git your pack off and on under a truck. but very usfull to be able to do. Like we all know, one may come where we may have to slide our pack to git out alive.
I would love to get a copy as well! if you still have it can you please send it to me? thanks brodyz@adelwholesalers.com
And produce a high level of pollution... The goal of FF is to protect lives, goods and environnement. We have one planet. No more.

Regards
Pierre-Louis
Hi Jeff,

Answers seem to focus on RIT and SCBA training. I'm a flahsover instructor and the goal is to attack and kill the fire. If I spend 1 hour to kill the fire, of course I will need RIT and need to train to survive with my SCBA. If I spend 1 minute to kill the fire, I need only a low level on RIT and I need only a low level on SCBA survival method.
So, the "work/result" ratio tend me to work first on extinction.

An attack flashover container cost about 3000$US.
See that:
http://www.tantad.com/modules.php?name=DLShop&op=ItemDetails&am...

Best regards
Pierre-Louis
Drop me a private msg with your email and I will mail you pictures of all our props at our training center. We use kerosene for 90% of our burns including flashover rooms ect.
Jeff send me your email and I will get some pics of some of the props that we have built. I'm the training officer at our department and work closely with the asst chief who loves to come up with new idea's. I think sometimes the guys and girls would love to kill him.
How do you train without using fire? Turn up the heat in the fire house?
And gives you some disorientation by you looking at an unfamiliar view.
Building of a flashover container (cost less than 3000 US $)
http://www.tantad.com/modules.php?name=DLShop&op=ItemDetails&am...

Best regards
Pierre-Louis
I'll try to get some pics, but if you get some old wrought iron piping and a broken or used sprinkler head. Put the head about 10 feet from the ground, and a 1 3/4" adapter at the base. Hook in and use hydrant pressure and a FF on an A frame ladder with 2 sprinkler wedges. When the real deal comes your FF's will be fast and precise at shutting down the water flow.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service