That show Trauma ever seen it?It just started a few months ago and they are cancleing the show and I don`t know why. I think it was a good show they need more shows like that.

Views: 297

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

uhhhh....no thanks ashfire. lol.
There is one thing I have learned about the rescue service In Japan. Switching from the regular fire service to the rescue side is like training for the Marines. They take their being where they are with a lot of pride and work at it all the time.
Rescue Me is the only show on now about firefighters and being on a cable channel instead of a broadcast channel they can get away with scenes and language. Now a cop show like Southland was on a NBC and they bleeped out the language so they could show it on a broadcast channel. I can't wait to see what happens now that it will now be on a cable channel.
Now if we were to sit and counted the number of cop shows on broadcast TV and cable it would be a good number of them.
I could count the number of fire and rescue or ems TV shows I can remember since I was a kid.
One a friend told me about one show was the fore runner to Emeregency was Rescue 3 about the L A County rescue service back in the 50s. The had a panel side ford truck and two firefighters. One of the stars was the father on Dallas.
I can remember Firehouse, Code Red, and a few others that are listed in a book on TV shows and movies in the US and other countries.
I found a German TV show called Medicopter 117 on youtube.
Yes, First In is good. And Trauma made fire departments look awful! Embarassing really. but for those out there that like firefighting shows, please realize that EMS/Fire Service Providers shoot themselves in the foot when it comes to shows on television. By nature they are conscientious and want to be seen in the most professional light possible and want things to be realistic. Not a bad thought at first, but the general public doesn't know protocols. They don't know if a procedure on tv was done correctly or not, or as safely as possible or not or any of the technical stuff that the professionals know. They just want to be entertained and watch heroes. When firefighters, EMS professionals, etc. complain to the networks about every little detail, (and they DO) the networks get frustrated and want nothing to do with the show any more. Well intentioned professionals pointing out the errors, some in a respectful manner and others, not so much, become a problem and then networks dump shows as fast as they can. Just something we all can think about. I hope BET sticks with First In, but I am sure we have all heard grumbling about it too, and they ARE professionals.
Yes its one of my favorite shows
Ya when I was younger I watched Emergency when it had reruns.They should put some of those shows on again or start a new show.Have you ever seen that show orange country fire
A couple of little stories. As realistic as Cops is, there is some TV stuff thrown in. The show was filmed here once and the producers had a GSW patient flown by the SO copter. Not a real big deal except the guy was sooo stable it would have been a code 2 transport at best. Plus the SO doesn't do medical transport.I'd bet there are some TV shots in First In also. The BC for on sure does respond a lot.

One of the most popular shows now in NCIS. My wife's nephew is an NCIS agent. Think he watches the show. He just can't because it is so far removed from what an actual NCIS agent does it makes him sick. I'm sure the new NCIS-LA is even more vomitus for him.
I just read in The Washington Post newspaper how most of the new season TV shows are doing since they started. Well according to what was said in the paper, Trauma is NBC Monday nights most watch show compared to Heroes and Jay Leno.
Any shows that have been canceled have already disappeared. Trauma is at this time a hold on until the last show is shown.
Now who knows maybe NBC will make changes to the show if it returns for another season.
I like the show but I'm not logging it in as emergency medical care training either...
I don't know how many remember a NBC show that was on a few years ago called True Blue. It was a police show about New York City's police emergency rescue and special services units. They used a old fire dept rescue truck paint to look like a police unit and a couple of small rescue trucks for the show.
I guess being New York City has so much happening the police have to backup the fire dept with extra rescue vehicles.
The old rescue truck gets used in background shots in TV and movies.
In Maryland when the Maryland State Police Medivac arrives its a two man crew of pilot and medic. They can take another medic from a ems unit if they need one. There have been times the medic has had to do CPR before they land at one of the state trauma centers.
That could change sometime to come since the crash that killed the crew, a ems provider, a patient and injuried the other patient.
There is talk of having a second pilot but still one medic as long as they can get one ems provider at the scene.
Plus new helicopters are in the works that will have all the safety features for safe flying.
I was really disappointed to see that it was no longer on the air. I thought it showed a somewhat glorified but representation of the situations and dilemas EMS deal with. It's a shame.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service