Now I know that there are many many different setups/designs out there but I was wondering what everyones department uses for frontline pumpers/engines. We have a 2000 Pierce Contender. 1250gpm PTO Driven Pump (driver side controls), 1000 Gallom Tank, The Usual compliment of hoses and ladders. The truck is a Regular (Three man Cab) and a short wheelbase. One of or Mutual Aid Departments to the south has a Contender Pumper with a 1250 Gallon Tank a 1500 GPM pump and a top mount pump. However the difference between us is that they have Hydrants and wider roads/driveways then Us. We have 225 Sq Miles of Cabins, Forest, County Forest roads, Unimproved roads/driveways.Of all the calls in our three townships the majority of them happen down the longest roughest driveway/road around. Sorry for Rambling on.... Lets just talk Trucks... Justin out,

Views: 753

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Curious, exception of the foam tank, why?
Yeah, I hear you.
DUDE MAN THAT IS SHARP!!!!!

1996-2008 Seagraves and Peirces
it all depends on the station
Current Department: Rosenbauer 2005 on Spartan chasis, 1000 gal tank, 1250 gpm pump, 4 man cab, side mount pump, on board Class A Foam System, 2 cross lays, a bumper line, and one 2 1/2 attack line preconnected on the rear, 3" attack line not connected on rear, 1000' 4", yada yada.

Last Department: Summit Fire Aparattus 2007 on Spartain Chasis, 1250 gal tank, 1500 gpm pump, 6 man cab, top mount pump, on board Class A and CLass B Foam System, 2 cross lays, 1 bumper line, front bumper intake, rear intake (straight to tank), 2" preconnected line on rear, 2 1/2" line preconnected on rear, 1500' 4", yada yada.

All I can say about either is, GIVE ME A SUTPHEN!
WTF! LA is going Baby Poo Green? Or is that just Airport?
we have a 750/750 pumper that 's been broke for atlest 5 year's so we use it as a service truck and a 1997 s&s tanker with 750 pump and 2300 water with caf's
Engines or trucks?
Just Airport
(thank god)
i truely think that they are UGLY in this color

We roll out first with a 2004 Segrave. It has a 1500 gpm pump, 500 gal of water, 30 gal class A foam. Waterous Foam Pro CAFS system.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service