Lets go off subject for a bit.....How many out there are going to respond to the Census of 2010...?  How many will answer all the requested questions...?  I ask this because I did some research on the subject....Are you aware that the Government has the Authority to count the people of the country to allow for representation of their areas...?(every 10 years)   Now I have some questions...why do they need to know our income..? why do they need to know whether I own or rent my home...?  Why do they need to know my ethnic background...? and there are about 50 other questions that....well, to be straight...is none of their business.....I filled out my Census form...I put my name, date of birth, and under ethnic background I checked "other" and wrote in American....I did this for those that live in my household and left everything else blank.  Well it took about 2 weeks for someone to come to the door and Identify themselves as a census worker and start asking questions.....I politely refused, telling them I gave all the information required under the American Bill of Rights....I was told that I HAD to coply (Wrong thing to say)  LOL....I asked them to show me where under the Bill of Rights or the Constitution hat I had to comply.....I was told that it is illegal to refuse...I then asked if I could refuse to answer under the 5th ammendment..?  He stammered a bit but wouldn't answer...so I did the natural thing....I told him to call a cop...and closed the door.....He hasn't been back.  I don't usually take this stand but after our last President...you remember King George...and our current one...the one that looks like a mix of the guy from mad magazine and Arnold from differnt strokes, I don't trust them to do what is right anymore.....Just my look at things...I was wondering if any others might have doubts as well....thanks...Hey, stay safe out there....Keep the Faith Brothers and Sisters.........Paul

Views: 191

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm an American ex-pat, I am still a US citizen and continue to pay US taxes.
My only problem with the census form and I could be wrong but considering I heard it on NPR I don't think so, didn't they move the office of the census into the White House? If it's there what's going to keep ACORN or whatever political friends of the President (from either party) from getting that info or playing with the numbers?
http://www.census.gov/hrd/www/
The U.S. Census Bureau headquarters is located in Suitland, Maryland, just outside the District of Columbia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Census_Bureau
The Census Bureau has been headquartered in Suitland, Maryland since 1942. A new headquarters complex was completed in 2007 and supports over 4,000 employees.[12

2010 questions on the large form require in depth income data to be used in redistribution policies to come later this year. A note of interest: "Single earners earning more than $42,500 will be considered as effluent and taxed at the new, higher rate of 47% with the highest tax bracket of 62% reserved for those single earners making in excess of $89,000 per year."

(sorry, I was busy on april 1.)
Dammit Jack! I know you're taking the piss with that last paragraph, but now you're going to see tea party bozos protesting that...especially after they look up what 'effluent' means!

For the record, the Census Bureau offices were in my old first due. Good times....
both my wife and I enjoyed the flix... very funny. thanks for the comedy relief and Happy Easter Jack.
;-)
Oh well I suppose that even NPR can make a mistake every now and again.
Michael,

For what it's worth, the Census takes a great deal of care to make sure you data is kept confidential. They have successfully turned away the FBI, even when they had a warrant. Census data is not to be used in any way except demographics, and they know as soon as this trust is breached, no one will ever answer another form honestly.

You're concern about the Census moving "to the White House" probably comes from yet another misleading round of crap out of Fox and the rest of the noise machine. You can find all sorts of breathless analysis on WND, Fox and a bunch of other sources. Here's a slightly more neutral analysis:

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1879667,00.html

Yet another example of the "poutrage" the makes sane political discourse in this country impossible. You are wise to remain cynical!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service