Just was wondering if there are other fire police companies that get treated like crap from the rest of the companies? Our company is always getting put down. they say that they don't need us, But guess what as soon as there is an accident or a fire they are calling for us. I get tired of hearing that we are important, I think we are important as much as the next guy. We do keep the scene safe and cars off their butts......I don't know just wondering...

Views: 280

Replies to This Discussion

Unfortunity we have a " few " members of our firefighters who are always finding fault, but strangly enough, they are the first one's to call us if they need help.

I think its education, they will learn
Just a question do your fire companies have a firemens relief asso, and if so they can get you gear out of this.
Tim,
Yes, Fire Relief can purchase fire police gear but there are problems with that system.
First off while the state regulates what equipment can be paid for by fire relief, the individual FR board makes the final decision as to what they are willing to purchase ( all too often that decision is greatly influenced by the make-up of your particular board ). While those types of purchases are allowed, too often the board is more concerned with buying hose and SCBAs and generators than they are supplying their fire police with the equipment they need.
Secondly, any equipment purchased by fire relief is the property of fire relief ... not the department, not the fire police unit. Therefore every item right down to your dead flashlight batteries must be accounted for and a lot of people feel it is too much of a hassle to deal with.
We are well supplied with equipment and everything was purchased with state grant money and belongs to us. We use fire relief as an emergency resourse or last resort.

Bob
my mom is a fire police officer with Chalfont Fire Company Station 34 in Pa and by 90% of the firefighters in the company treat them like crap and the other 10% are the only ones that see that the fire police are actually the ones that are the reason that we are safe on the scene of a call...
~Amber
Luckily, Our Fire Police have a very good relationship with the fire department. One of our Fire Police Officers is sleeping with the chief of the Fire Department. It keeps for a good repore. Plus our local police all love the fire police. They are the first to call us out and not only because they want to go home, but because most of them will openly say they do not know how to do traffic control that well. They also check back on us several times, even bringing us water, coffee or food. I am one of the lucky ones..................
The important part is getting your people to show up. Get them properly trained in traffic and crowd control. Get them to work as a team and then you will get more respect. I was a Fire Police Captain for the better part of 10 years in avery busy dept in NJ. I think our Fire Police were more respected when I retired than when I took over.
KEWL answer !!!!!

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service