My Chief just got a grant for a new fire truck. He told the whole fire Dept. that there are only 3 people allowed to drive the new truck. That’s my first problem. I am the Third in Command the highest ranking Captain I live in the next town over about 15 min from the station. A lot of the times I am the only command on the fire seen. Wouldn’t it make since for them to let me use my light? I already have my truck fully equipped for my other dept in Arkansas. I could under stand if I was a rook but he made me Copt for a reason. I am a MP/Deputy/ and a firefighter I know the rules and regs. Any Kansas Firefighters what is the rules for pov lights in Kansas.

Views: 196

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

if the new truck is bigger or different it may require different traing. ie: we are getting a new tower truck soon and we were all ready told that we can not put it in service till we have enough people trained on it. which sounds silly but its the best for everyone involved because if you are not trained on it correctly then you may end up being a danger to yourself or someone else. ( i dont know how it works in your department but our officers dont usually drive the trucks anyway becuase they take responsiblity for the fire fighters and driver on the truck and are not supposed to pump or be responsible for driving of the truck so they can deal with whatever other issues that come along) (i hope that helps)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service