How can i add pictures to my page and how to cope with a wreck scene with friends

yea how can i cope with going to a bad wreck with friends in both cars bad hurt

Views: 95

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

WHen you post a reply, in the box you're typing your response in, there's some buttons just above it- the one on the right is a colured square (A picture)- click on that and a pop up will appear. Select browse to pick it off your PC or insert to get it off the web, etc...
the wreck part just treat it as another call that you don't know the people who are hurt or talk to someone about it that always helps
I responded to a wreck involving one of my friends years ago. He was messed up pretty bad. I treated it as any other call. I believe he knew I was there also, especially the way he grabbed my coat as we were getting him out of the car. So far as dealing with it, that's what the members of your department are for. Talk to them, they will help you anyway they can. I"m sure there are some who over the years have had calls involving friends or relatives.
I have been in this situation before and let me tell ya it aint easy. The first time I rolled up on a scene not knowing who the vehicles belonged to , I walked up to the first one and saw that it was someone that I knew very well . They had some broken bones but they were alive. I told myself that I had job to do and that there would be a time to talk to the person at the hospital after the incident. There was also a debriefing after the incident seeing that i personally knew one of the injured. The second incident was with my sister-inlaw who was riding a three wheeler and wrecked it. My brother and I were 18 miles away when the call came in and I dont think I ever got more than 15 miles per hour over the speed limit, because what good would it do to get into another accident trying to get to the scene. We were the first two on scene come tho think of it. Everyone else were in bed already and it does take a while to wake up and get moving. Anyway we get on scene and find out who it was things got a little intense but my brother and I had a job to do first and then the worrying after she was loaded into the ambulance and on her way to the hospital. I also had to worry about his 6 kids that were standing around watching the event unfold. I go into every scene with one thing in mind ..That is to go home after the call . You got into this business to help save lives and preserve property right? You cant change anything that has happened to your friends, so after any scene weather it be one that I know the person or not I say a little prayer for them and there family and then I go home. So if you are having problems with the accident that your friends were in , you need to talk to your chief or other firefighters about it so they can help you cope with it. I hope this has help in some way .

Kevin
Fireturf1970
When friends or family are involved, know that keeping your head will help the situation and you freaking out will only make the situation more complex. If after the call you need more help, Contact a CISD representative. They are available for 1 on 1 consultation, and it is also free of charge.
The biggest thing you can do is stay calm. The fact that you are there will really help them cope with the situation better. I lost 2 friends in a fatal MVA that I responded to. It was hard but the other part was the family calling me and wanting to know about what happened and asking about the other driver. I can't really say anything (The driver was looking at his cell and blew through a stop sign and t-boned them then they spun and t-boned into a tree.) one died on scene and one died a week later. I would STRONGLY suggest that you get some CISD it really works. no one needs to know but the chief. Good luck
thanks guys i realy apreciate that its helped yea its hard but like yall said stay calm at least i was there to help them

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service