Check out this cool new tool. It's custom made, does more than the 6 in 1 Channellock Rescue Tool, more practical and easier to fit in your pocket.

Views: 800

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

More tool details are available at www.FirePlier.com
I've seen the Channelock tool, but I think this one's better. Are there two different styles or is it a set of two?
I guess it depends on what you see the need for. I personally don't need a hydrant wrench, as we carry them on the apparatus, plus the short length of the fire pliers wouldn't work on the hydrants we have in my district, not enough leverage.

The weakest point of any plier is the pivot point of the jaws. Slip groove types are the weakest, and do not hold up to lateral forces as well. A big difference between the two pliers is even though both are drop forged, there is a lot more metal in the Rescue Tool. The working ends of the Rescue Tool are one piece meaning greater strength than pieces which have modifications welded onto them. Any time you apply heat (welding) to a metal, you change the temper and characteristics of the metal.

Both tools are the same length, 10". So I guess it is a personal choice and what your more likely to need.
Good point, Oldman. I never thought about the metal being compromised by welding the modifications to them! Good food for thought.
None of my tools have ever broke! There is history of the Rescue Tools breaking. I have a new model available that is larger and has a larger hydrant tool. It is my Mod 5 They are available on the west coast at www.pocket-tool.com or in the east coast at www.btproductsinc.com

If anyone ever has a problem with a Pocket-Tool... I'll repair or replace it. When you use one of the Pocket-Tools, I Guarantee you'll love it! My son and I work hard to provide a quality Tool.
you should find a way to integrate wire cutting abilities into your design
Wire cutters would be a great add to a tool like this. possibly drop the hydrant wrench and add cutter at that spot.
You know, I thought this was just another discussion about 'what tools do we carry'. Then I realised that it's really an advertising thread. Is that allowed here? Does Dave know? After all, there are paying advertisers...
I have one of these....carried it for a while....now its burried somewhere with all the rest of the stuff that looked like a good idea that didnt work.....It doesnt sit right in my pocket. Tips down went through the pocket...tips up catches on EVERYTHING.....anyone wanna buy mine cheap?????
I looked at this and thought about it...but noted it didn't have cutters on it...so I opted for the 6 in 1 crescent tool...I went to a local Amish harness maker and had him make me a case for it so it doesn't poke me in the leg or catch on my gear...(cost me a whole $5.00....LOL)...I want a pair of cutters with me in case a suspended ceiling comes down on my butt....I also have to agree...this is a discussion page not a place for free advertising.....Stay safe and keep the faith.....Paul

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service