I really thought that we'd be overwhelmed with truckies when we created this group because it seems that everyone I ever talk to wants to be one (come on, admit it). So the fact that we are two away from 100 makes me smile a little. 100 truckies in one area at one time. Doesn't the thought of that scare you a little? I mean, think of the stuff that could be destroyed. One hundred people who carry some sort of menancing tool meant for breaking into buildings; one hundred people who aren't necessarily afraid of heights. One hundred people who would sooner go through a wall than a door. (Some of the engine guys are saying, "one hundred people who can't count past 20").

Even if you aren't ON the truck, if you're interested in learning a little about it, we'd love to have you. It's a little tongue in cheek (even our name is tongue in cheek) but you know, that's classic truckie humor. Because you know, we are secretly laughing inside everytime you roll out the door without us.

Be number 100. Come join the Truckie Nation at Cancel The Engine.

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

haha... that's great! You know, I have to admit, when we arrive on scene and someone tells me we're to assist with ventilation, I'm thrilled!! Yay, breaking things!!! haha! Of course, I am also thrilled to be on the handline! We get the best of both worlds where I am, we rotate amongst the vehicles. We will drive a rig for a month, then ride the back, then drive the next rig for a month, then ride the back. It's a great way to be well rounded, know all the jobs and be able to help out in any capacity. I love it. So, for a while, I get to be a hosemonkey and the another time I get to operate the bucket and enter the structure off the platform, ventilating as I go... great fun!! :)

All of that being said, I'm a little reticent to join a group called Cancel the Engine... but what the hell.....

Uh-Oh (that's the message I got...along with Unknown Controller). I guess it somehow knows I'm on the Pump right now!! hahah! ;)
That would be because I mis-typed the URL. Try the link again (it's "group" not "groups"). When you join, welcome.
Now that I see we are over 100 and have a whole bunch of new Nation members, it's time to bump this back up and invite them in as well. Don't be shy, come on over and learn what it's all about.
I'm giving this a bump because it's been awhile and we have a lot more new members now.

The casual viewer will notice that Cancel The Engine actually has 108 truckies on board right now. You could easily be the next. I am even willing to throw in a special welcome post to you when you join if you do so in the next 24 hours. So for the low, low price that we are currently offering, and with all of the groups out there (there are many), there aren't too many who appeal to your inner desire to remove building components or cut things into ittie-bitties.

The time is now. Put down that hose, pick up a menacing looking tool, and bust up some doors or a roof. Just remember, every kid wants to be a firefighter, but it's the ones with attitude that want to be truckies.

By the way, we can be a little tongue-in-cheek, so if you don't get it, or if you are easily offended, you might want to consider another group, 'cause here, we like to break stuff.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service